Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: LEED Green Associate (Canada)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2008

LEED Green Associate (Canada)

Have any forum members taken this exam?

I'm considering registering for it in the future. My working experience is quite limited, but I believe with my M.Pl I am eligible based on education.

That said, if you have taken the exam, how did you prepare for it? The CaGBC offers courses, but they are very, very expensive and are held in cities far, far away from my present location. Exam preparation will most likely be a solo endeavor should I pursue this. CaGBC has a bit of reference material (that I have found so far). USGBC seems to have more, but I'm wary about minor differences between the material. There seems to be a number of private organizations pushing exam prep as well.

Thanks!

*disclaimer - I'm still in the process of researching this certification, so I don't appreciate being flamed for not 'doing my research', 'properly using Google' and so on. I'm curious about personal experiences and insights.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I used the Study Guide available from here http://www.green-buildings.com/leed-...reen-Associate

and the Core Concepts from USGBC.
    Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2008
    Props for the feedback!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress.

Registered
    Feb 2011

I passed with an 182!

It wasn't as hard as people tell you it is!
    I also used that website's materials- but really found the 700 question practice quizzes to be the best and most valuable. It allows you to see what the test is like and the type of questions that are asked.
    Good Luck!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 41
    Last post: 30 Sep 2013, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 06 Dec 2012, 9:58 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 12:10 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last post: 08 Mar 2011, 5:18 PM
  5. Replies: 6