Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Victoria state sponsorship

Registered
    Apr 2006

Victoria state sponsorship

I'm going through the process of applying for state sponsorship with the Victorian government's state migration program. I'm a planner in the US. I was wondering if there are any other planners out there that have gone through the same process (or are currently going through it) and could provide some insight.

BANNED
    Registered
    Feb 2011
    I haven't but I'd also love to hear from others who have. Would really like to go out to Australia in the next year or two and I know sponsorship is necessary. Thanks in advance!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally posted by nyustudent View post
    I'm going through the process of applying for state sponsorship with the Victorian government's state migration program. I'm a planner in the US. I was wondering if there are any other planners out there that have gone through the same process (or are currently going through it) and could provide some insight.
    Hi there

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I've went through it before under the old system. It's actually quite efficient and there will be a person working in the State Government who's on-hand to help you through the process. Once your PR is confirmed and activated, you'll be required to give updates on your address and employment three times during the first two years of work.

That said, I think with the current changes to the migration system, you should be able to apply for a full skilled work visa as urban planners are one of the professions listed under the new skills list (you can only apply for PR if you list one of the professions on the list).

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Sponsorship programs for community banners
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 04 Jan 2011, 12:38 PM
  2. Hello from Victoria, BC
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 26 Jan 2008, 11:15 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last post: 11 Apr 2006, 5:10 PM