Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: For a recent graduate: Where to find internship/volunteer opportunity in environmental agency?

Registered
    Dec 2008

For a recent graduate: Where to find internship/volunteer opportunity in environmental agency?

Does anyone know about any environmental planning agencies that are offering internships or volunteer opportunities to recent graduates? Most agencies only offer internships to current students. In today's job market, experience is key. I would like to have more experience in environmental planning, but obviously can't go back to school because of low funds. I have worked with a public planning agency in a past internship to write DEIR reports, but I need more experience with CEQA/NEPA. What agencies offer internships/volunteering opportunities to individuals with masters in urban planning but not enrolled in an academic program? For the record, I'm interested in both paid and non-paid, full or part time volunteering opportunities.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    Why don't you think of where you'd like to be working and contact them? I found a good internship once in grad school by just asking.

If you want to learn NEPA, you could look more broadly. I worked on NEPA quite a bit in an engineering firm. My experience has been that these types of firms handle the big, complex NEPA filings. I had airport and rail projects.

Good luck!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 29 Sep 2011, 4:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 20 May 2011, 1:37 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 20 Nov 2009, 9:57 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 13 Aug 2008, 3:05 PM
  5. Replies: 1