Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Considering an airport planning career

Registered
    Feb 2011

Considering an airport planning career

Hello,

I am thinking of a career change to the planning field. My interests are around Aviation, specifically Airport Planning. What kind of education is needed to break into and be successful in this field? What kind of job outlook is there?.

I have a B.A in Geography minor: Flight Tech with experience designing airspace and aircraft instrument procedures. Along with other Civil CAD/GIS experience.

I am currently seriously looking at the planning master's programs at the University of Washington or Eastern Washington University.

Thank you for your input!

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Rebelfalcon View post
    Hello,

I am thinking of a career change to the planning field...

I am currently seriously looking at the planning master's programs at the University of Washington or Eastern Washington University.

Thank you for your input!
    As I've said before, in the coming years our cr*ppy economy will mean it will be much better to be flexible rather than specialized (unless you are rich). Airport planning is very specialized and air transport will decrease soon when cheap energy starts declining (we are at plateau now).

Nonetheless, UW is far, far better than Cheney/SKA, even with the weather thrown in.

Registered
    Feb 2011
    Thank you I appreciate your input. I am considering General or Transportation Planning as well. However, I created this thread in the hopes of finding some information on the Airport Planning field.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 01 Oct 2011, 10:46 AM
  2. A career in planning? Equity and urban planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 24 Apr 2011, 12:51 AM
  3. Airport Planning vs City/County Planning?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Oct 2008, 4:29 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last post: 15 Nov 2006, 2:00 PM
  5. considering a career in planning
    APA Los Angeles Section (archive)
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 17 Oct 2005, 1:07 AM