Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Columbia's RED vs. NYU's Real Estate Development Program?

Columbia's RED vs. NYU's Real Estate Development Program?

Hi all. I have been accepted to both Real Estate Development programs at Columbia and NYU. And I can't for the life of me decide which one to attend. I have heard Columbia is too much theory and not enough practical education. and I have also read people saying things like just about anyone is accepted to NYU's program and obviously it's got nothing against columbia's.

No clue. What do I do?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2008
    There are a couple of threads from a few years ago on this topic. Keep in mind that the some of the posters are highly opinionated, but the consensus seems to be Columbia.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...highlight=MRED

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...highlight=MRED

I guess it depends on where you feel you fit in the best, but from what I've read Columbia's MRED is more competitive in regards to admissions and you would be able to knock it out in a year rather than spread it out over two.

Registered
    Feb 2011

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do Columbia's program

I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of MBA programs, but I really like the fact that Columbia is only 1 year in length.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    is there a specific type of real estate work that you're interested in? columbia is probably better oriented towards future developers, while nyu makes more room for those who are more interested in the investment side of things.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 25 Jun 2010, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 06 Mar 2010, 1:36 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Nov 2009, 2:00 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 23 Sep 2008, 4:06 PM