Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Overheard (AIB overheard in Ithaca)

Feb 2004
    on my 15 minute break

Overheard (AIB overheard in Ithaca)

I frequently tune in to the conversations going on around me no matter where I am (and also whether I like it or not, it's an ADD thang, you wouldn't unnerstand) I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences this, so I thought we could use a thread to report on the amusing, profound, stupid, and funny things we overhear in all sorts of various public locations and situations.

overheard at the mall - (two guys camped on the bench in front of Victoria's Secret). "You notice how there's like ten times more men walking into that place than women?"

overheard before the PTA meeting - (lady on cell phone) "I don't care if the principle thinks I am a b*tch, I'm not going to allow [daughter] to sit next that juvenile delinquent any longer." (I wanted to say "enjoy being the stereotypical helicopter parent much?")

Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow

BUMP goes the thread...

So today while standing in line at a popular sandwich place with the same name as mode of public transit, I overhear a conversation between the guy behind me and the guy 4 places in front of me. Most of it did not register until I hear, “So and so on the Planning Commission said that he is going to filibuster at the meeting if a motion is made.” The other responded that we was recused then asked to be un-recused. I was in a different municipality and I know of the project they are talking about, and everyone is all lawyered up.

What is some of the more crazy things that you overheard?
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Ask Dan about Ithaca
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 90
    Last post: 20 Aug 2013, 6:24 PM
  2. Overheard in your town
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 25 Feb 2011, 10:33 AM
  3. Overheard by Cyburbia
    Friday Afternoon Club