Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: New to cyburbia/Question on Peri-urbanism

Registered
    Mar 2011

Introduction

I am the owner of whitespace, a concept and design agency. We are currently researching and developing progressive strategies for revising current interpretations and viewpoints surrounding the issue of increasing suburban poverty.

Urgent needs are for directions to the following resources:

Mapping of "large-lot" developments in all major US metro regions currently showing increased foreclosure

1950s statistics/infographics on urban population change day vs. night. see joe lertola's website, under "graphics", for nyc population change day vs. night, 2007.

Thanks y'all

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! What you have just done is called sequential posting.... just put it all in one post

You will find more answers to questions if you post them in the appropriate forums...I would guess make no small plans would fit with your subject matter... again welcome!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Hink's right, you post these questions in Make No Small Plans and you'll probably get more than you can swallow. I could see this generating a really good conversation there.

Welcome from the windward side of the Rockies, getting rained on relentlessly lately.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Dear Hink and Ursus,

Apologies for the sequential post and thanks so much for your recommendations on moving the thread to Make No Small Plans.

And greetings from DC. Cherry Blossoms are outrageous this year. Already!

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by christopherdc View post
    Dear Hink and Ursus,

Apologies for the sequential post and thanks so much for your recommendations on moving the thread to Make No Small Plans.

And greetings from DC. Cherry Blossoms are outrageous this year. Already!
    Greetings! I love the cherry blossoms, and given that we are expecting upwards of a foot of snow tomorrow, I am jealous beyond words.

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. About peri-urban definition
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 25 Mar 2011, 7:03 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 06 Aug 2010, 1:05 PM
  3. True urbanism vs new urbanism
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 14 Jun 2005, 5:08 PM