Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: [OMG!] Lack of professionalism

  1. #1
    BANNED
    Registered
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Glendale, California
    Posts
    9

    [OMG!] Lack of professionalism

    I thought this was a community of educated, experienced planning professionals, but apparently I'm wrong. I am finding this April Fools buffoonery to be most unprofessional. No wonder Cyburbia has played second fiddle to Planetizen for the past few years. You'll never see this kind of activity there.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a webinar from the Brookings Institute to attend, but first, there's a fascinating article on Planetizen about the economics of traffic calming in Southern California that I have to study.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Registered
    Apr 2011
    Location
    underground
    Posts
    10
    Agreed. These american planners are wusses. Can't even tell someone to eff off when they ask for zone changes and the like. perastrokia!

  3. #3
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    curiosity
    Posts
    21,279
    Well ain't you special.

    Bet your are not even an AICP member either !

  4. #4
    Quote Originally posted by 8===D View post
    I thought this was a community of educated, experienced planning professionals, but apparently I'm wrong. I am finding this April Fools buffoonery to be most unprofessional. No wonder Cyburbia has played second fiddle to Planetizen for the past few years. You'll never see this kind of activity there.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a webinar from the Brookings Institute to attend, but first, there's a fascinating article on Planetizen about the economics of traffic calming in Southern California that I have to study.
    I can hook you up with Starring_Emma whenever you want to get out that blueshirt, dude. Just PM me ...
    Je suis Charlie Hebdo. Je suis Bataclan. Je suis Bruxelles. Je suis Nice.

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Registered
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Glendale, California
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Well ain't you special.

    Bet your are not even an AICP member either !

    I'm AICP,AICP-CTP, AICP-CEP, the previous former past president of the APA Regional District Committee for Section IV, and I have 35 Planetizen articles to my name, including the much-Twittered Geoinformatics and the Public Participation Process in San Bernardino County Placemaking series. What have you done for the profession lately?

  6. #6
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    curiosity
    Posts
    21,279
    Quote Originally posted by 8===D View post
    What have you done for the profession lately?
    At least I am not a Macy's shopper in SLO !

  7. #7
    OH....IO Hink's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Posts
    12,799
    I have to say that your name might be the best I have ever seen. The creativity, the genius.... I only wish you could stay longer.....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

  8. #8
    Cyburbian dandy_warhol's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Location
    meh.
    Posts
    8,520
    ( . )( . ) <-- pool party at RJ's!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

  9. #9
    Cyburbian wahday's avatar
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    New Town
    Posts
    3,968
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    ( . )( . ) <-- pool party at RJ's!
    Remember when you could spell SHELL OIL, HELL and BOOBIES with an upside down calculator? Those were the days....

    Quote Originally posted by 8===D
    I'm AICP,AICP-CTP, AICP-CEP, the previous former past president of the APA Regional District Committee for Section IV, and I have 35 Planetizen articles to my name, including the much-Twittered Geoinformatics and the Public Participation Process in San Bernardino County Placemaking series.
    Yo, why you gotta be such a 8===D? Go back to Berkeley!
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Registered
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Glendale, California
    Posts
    9
    Have you seen the 16-part series on tax increment financing in Riverside County that has been appearing on Planetizen? That's what real planners read; us movers and shakers at the top of the career ladder, not you permit-pushing grunts in flyover country. Maybe if you were more mature, and read Planetizen some more, you wouldn't have a reason to complain about your low salaries.

    Time to check into the "What I wish I knew before I went to planning school" forum on Planetizen. It's a bit slow, but several orders of magnitude more professional than anything found on this site.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in a meeting
    Posts
    9,476
    I only know what I read in the FAC

  12. #12
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    10,587
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by 8===D View post
    Have you seen the 16-part series on tax increment financing in Riverside County that has been appearing on Planetizen? That's what real planners read; us movers and shakers at the top of the career ladder, not you permit-pushing grunts in flyover country. Maybe if you were more mature, and read Planetizen some more, you wouldn't have a reason to complain about your low salaries.

    Time to check into the "What I wish I knew before I went to planning school" forum on Planetizen. It's a bit slow, but several orders of magnitude more professional than anything found on this site.
    OK Poindexter.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  13. #13
    Cyburbian AnvilPartners's avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    157
    Blog entries
    12

    hahaHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "Top of the career ladder" in PLANNING? Are you kidding us or what...?the top of that ladder ends in the basement....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's not much of a trophy...

    If ur in this for the money you're insane there are easier and much more efficient ways to make bucks!

    RES
    "Sometimes you have to get medieval with it...hammer, sparks, sweat, the whole nine yards...so don't forget your asbestos suit."
    Aphorisms on Public Hearings, Planning Guild Handbook (2001).

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Professionalism v friendliness
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 19 Sep 2007, 7:45 PM
  2. Lack of motivation
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 38
    Last post: 14 Aug 2006, 7:40 PM
  3. Culpability and professionalism - some questions
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 Jan 2006, 11:26 AM
  4. Lack of babies in San Francisco
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 01 Jun 2005, 2:42 AM
  5. Lack of supervisory experience
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 29 Mar 2005, 5:41 PM