Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hi Everybody!

Registered
    Feb 2011

Hi Everybody!

I can't help but to hope everyone responds, "Hi Dr. Nick!"

But in any case. Greetings to everyone! I'm new to the forums at Cyburbia, but I've been frequenting the site for awhile. I wanted to join the forums and just introduce myself and tell a little about who I am and what I do!

My name is Joe and I'm a young planner aspiring to take on the planning world. I received an undergrad in '08 in statistical geography, and currently do professional planning in community development (Comp Plans, Redevelopment Plans, Zoning ordinances and community initiatives).

I'm working towards my MPA in Urban and Regional Planning.

I draw a web-comic on the side, and do some character references for the South East APA Chapter in PA.

It's really nice to meet everyone and hope to help anyone or be helped by a great planning community.

-Joe

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Well now that you asked I refuse to say "Hi Dr. Nick!" But welcome! We've been......... expecting you....... mwahahahahaha
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    "Hi Dr. Nick!"

Welcome from the Queen City of the Rockies, under the Big Sky, in the Last Best Place.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Aug 2005
    "Hi Dr. Nick!"

Hello from upstate New York!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I like your name, Workodactyl.

Welcome to Cyburbia! I spent several years in your neck of the woods (Bucks Co.) as a teenager... a very long time ago.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Greetings

From Arizona......enjoy your time here, since you will never be leaving.
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Closed thread