Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: New to Cyburbia

Registered
    Apr 2011

New to Cyburbia

Hi guys! I came here trying to find info on planning programs. I'd heard a little about cyburbia, but hadn't really explored. Anyways, I live in Brooklyn, and as you may have guessed from my username, play the banjo. I used to think I wanted to be a musician, but then I realized I could do that AND a real career that I find engaging! I'm tired of being a receptionist.

I'm currently deciding between planning programs @ Pratt Institute and NYU Wagner. Why is this so difficult? I don't know. I also have no idea why more people don't apply to both. I posted a thread about it over in the student lounge already. Planning seems like a really small field, so it was a relief to see such a lively discussion over there about which programs folks were considering.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Howdy.....

From Arizona......go to Pratt....because I don't hear enough about Pratt.
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 08 Mar 2012, 8:33 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 May 2009, 1:44 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last post: 20 Oct 2003, 10:29 AM