Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 2nd Grade Homework

  1. #1
    Cyburbian Planit's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Posts
    7,319

    2nd Grade Homework

    The kiddo usually has 2 math sheets, 30 mins. of reading and spelling words and/or sentences for homework every night. One of last night's assignments was to create an 8-line rap with the following words: trees - almost - direction - reach
    She did pretty good after her initial concern about making a rap. But I kept thinking about the "members of the throbbing brain" and what some of our creations might be. So if you think you're smarter than an 8 year-old, what is your rap using these 4 words...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

  2. #2
    Cyburbian SW MI Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    The kiddo usually has 2 math sheets, 30 mins. of reading and spelling words and/or sentences for homework every night. One of last night's assignments was to create an 8-line rap with the following words: trees - almost - direction - reach
    She did pretty good after her initial concern about making a rap. But I kept thinking about the "members of the throbbing brain" and what some of our creations might be. So if you think you're smarter than an 8 year-old, what is your rap using these 4 words...
    Yah, I'm not that creative. Pretty sure my kiddo is screwed as she gets older and needs help

  3. #3
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    18,169
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    Yah, I'm not that creative.
    Me neither. Sorry.

  4. #4
    Cyburbian Planit's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Posts
    7,319

    sorry for vanilla rapping in advance

    Well that bombed in ev'ry direction
    Everyone must be writing in the speech inflection
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

  5. #5
    Cyburbian TerraSapient's avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Glass City
    Posts
    2,610
    I thought about it for a few minutes Planit and it turns out I cannot rap.

    Perhaps if we switch the challenge to a haiku or something?

  6. #6
    Cyburbian SW MI Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    I thought about it for a few minutes Planit and it turns out I cannot rap.

    Perhaps if we switch the challenge to a haiku or something?
    Ohh, good idea! Having said this, please note I haven't posted in any of the poems, stories, haiku threads - I just have no freestyle skills....

    And actually, I'm have no general writing skills today either - I'm working on staff reports, and not even having an easy time with those.

  7. #7
    Cyburbia Administrator Dan's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    14,584
    Blog entries
    3
    I could bust out some old-school East Coast style rhymes, but that will earn your daughter no respect on the playground, yo.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

  8. #8
    Cyburbian Planit's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    I could bust out some old-school East Coast style rhymes, but that will earn your daughter no respect on the playground, yo.
    Word to your mother
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

  9. #9
    Cyburbian DetroitPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the weak are killed and eaten.
    Posts
    6,247
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    The kiddo usually has 2 math sheets, 30 mins. of reading and spelling words and/or sentences for homework every night. One of last night's assignments was to create an 8-line rap with the following words: trees - almost - direction - reach
    She did pretty good after her initial concern about making a rap. But I kept thinking about the "members of the throbbing brain" and what some of our creations might be. So if you think you're smarter than an 8 year-old, what is your rap using these 4 words...
    This should be easy all you need to do is find a ryme for every word.

    here is a start, can anyone finish it?

    1. bees,
    2. trees,
    3. teach,
    4. reach,
    5. host,
    6. almost,
    7. complication,
    8. driection,
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

  10. #10
    Cyburbian Planit's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    This should be easy all you need to do is find a ryme for every word.

    here is a start, can anyone finish it?

    1. bees,
    2. trees,
    3. teach,
    4. reach,
    5. host,
    6. almost,
    7. complication,
    8. driection,


    Thats kinda what we did:

    trees with leaves
    reach with beach
    almost with roast
    direction with education
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

  11. #11
    Cyburbian imaplanner's avatar
    Registered
    May 2004
    Location
    Snarkville
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    The kiddo usually has 2 math sheets, 30 mins. of reading and spelling words and/or sentences for homework every night. One of last night's assignments was to create an 8-line rap with the following words: trees - almost - direction - reach
    She did pretty good after her initial concern about making a rap. But I kept thinking about the "members of the throbbing brain" and what some of our creations might be. So if you think you're smarter than an 8 year-old, what is your rap using these 4 words...
    Yo homie look at mees
    I'm in the trees
    Headed right
    Headed left
    In the wrong direction
    Almost had to cap some fool
    Grabbed for the glock but
    it was out of reach
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

  12. #12
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    18,169
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Yo homie look at mees
    I'm in the trees
    Headed right
    Headed left
    In the wrong direction
    Almost had to cap some fool
    Grabbed for the glock but
    it was out of reach
    Just what every 2nd grader thinks, but can't quite articulate
    Post. of. the. day.
    Last edited by Maister; 21 Apr 2011 at 1:39 PM.

  13. #13
    Cyburbian ofos's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slightly Off-Center
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Just what every 2nd grader thinks, but can't auite articulate
    Post. of. the. day.
    Maybe not in Houston. http://www.click2houston.com/news/27603506/detail.html
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Need help with Statistics Homework
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 12 Nov 2006, 1:49 PM
  2. Grade crossings
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 29 Nov 2005, 5:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 09 Sep 2005, 5:58 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last post: 04 Feb 2005, 9:54 AM