Hey everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place, i wasn't sure where to post this. I'm currently working on my Urban Studies major, and for my final project for the semester, I need to kind of interview a city planner/manager or anybody else in the Urban Studies field, and it looks like I hopefully came to the right place! Hopefully i can get some answers to these questions!
1. What city or company do you work for?
2. How did you come to the job you have?
3. Describe a particularly memorable, successful project, how it was initiated, and how it was organized among staff.
4. What is your organizational hierarchy- who do you report to? Are you primarily responsible to a City Council, a Commission?
5. Detail some unusually challenging projects or issues you've managed. How did you handle them? How did you manage the public relations part?
6. How do you handle particularly "challenging" citizens or clients?
7. What was the most relevant thing you learned during your training for the profession, and what should you study to perform this type of job well?
8. What other advice do you have for other people entering the profession?
9. What are some of the positives/negatives about the job?
10. Is it very hard to get a job in this field? Is it very competitive?
11. If you could go back and do one thing over that could help further your career, what would it be?
12. Is there much work that you have to do outside of work, if any?
13. Do you do a lot of traveling, whether its far, or close, or do you just sit in an office?
feel free to add anything else that you would like to share!