Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban landscape ecology in the UK

Urban landscape ecology in the UK

I am doing a research topic about landscape ecology in the UK. I just started to do the proposal,but it has made me confused.

I am trying to find some methods and tools of landscape ecology being applied in post industrial areas . I think in the UK urban parks,greenways and domestic gardens are quiet common methods for improving ecology I still want to know others' opinons about that !

What do you think about landscape ecology? Which kind of ecological activities involved do you think are most important in urban areas?

Moderator note:
    Greetings and welcome to Cyburbia circlewinnie. I've moved your thread from the Land Use and Zoning subforum here to the UK Town Planning sub-forum, which is the more appropriate subforum. Also, please use descriptive (non-teaser) thread titles in the professional forums. Welcome again, and carry on!
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Moved from the former Planning in the UK forum.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 04 Mar 2011, 7:47 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 15 Nov 2007, 11:20 AM
  3. Landscape Architecture and Urban Design?
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 21 Jun 2004, 7:22 PM
  4. Landscape ecology and regional planning
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 26 Jul 1996, 10:13 AM