Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What attracts lesbians to a city or town?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    Is anyone else completely shocked about Georgia? Crazy. Also, the Michigan town in 2010.
    That Don't surprise me in the least. That is the most upscale neighborhood bordering the suburb of Ferndale, and Ferndale has become sort of like a magnet for the community. Most of my old G/L neighbors moved to Ferndale when my neighborhood started to become more muslim and they could cash in on thier homes.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    What, exactly, is shocking about those numbers in regards to Georgia?
    The south isn't exactly known for gay tolerance. I am surprised that in 1990 and 2000 GA locations claimed 2 - 3 of the top 10 highest per capita LGBT couples in the country.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    The south isn't exactly known for gay tolerance. I am surprised that in 1990 and 2000 GA locations claimed 2 - 3 of the top 10 highest per capita LGBT couples in the country.
    Ah.

It's arguable that, in certain aspects, Atlanta isn't "Georgia", or, by extension, very Southern anymore. The LGBT community has been well established in "ITP" Atlanta for a long time (all the places in the 1990 and 2000 rankings are intown Atlanta areas, or "Inside the Perimeter").

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/maga...as-278455.html

There was an article in Sunday's (I think) Atlanta Journal Constitution noting that Atlanta's neighborhoods not making the 2010 top 10 rankings had to do with increases in the sizes of LGBT communities elsewhere, and not with any decrease in the size of Atlanta's community.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Nov 2009
    That is interesting. I have never been to Atlanta and I don't know much about the city, or GA for that matter.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Yet another interesting article: based on 2010 Census data, this one is about rural and exurban counties with the largest number of same-sex couples.

Finding Gay Rural America

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 16 Aug 2013, 4:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 Aug 2004, 11:20 PM
  3. When Cops attack Lesbians on FOX!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 30
    Last post: 22 Oct 2003, 11:23 AM