Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Too slow. See http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...ewpost&t=40505
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Exodus 20:4, KJV (a.k.a. the 2nd of the 10 Commandments):

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    The planning geek in me asks "I wonder what the approval process for that statue was like?"

I'm also reminded of ...

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2004
    This past weekend I drove past the remains of Big Butter Jesus. Nothing remained except a small concrete platform and what looked to be perhaps some rebar. I heard they have already raised money to build a new one, only this time He will have is arms outstretched at a lower angle - more like a hug, perhaps? Anywho, one of the guys I was riding with said that the old statue actually was insured.....but was not covered in this case because the destruction was an act of God! Oh the irony.

Anyone ever hear Heywood Banks' song "Big Butter Jesus"? (can someone provide a youtube link?)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
    You know, I recall making a clay/ceramic goldfish in grade school one time.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    This past weekend I drove past the remains of Big Butter Jesus. Nothing remained except a small concrete platform and what looked to be perhaps some rebar. I heard they have already raised money to build a new one, only this time He will have is arms outstretched at a lower angle - more like a hug, perhaps? Anywho, one of the guys I was riding with said that the old statue actually was insured.....but was not covered in this case because the destruction was an act of God! Oh the irony.

Anyone ever hear Heywood Banks' song "Big Butter Jesus"? (can someone provide a youtube link?)

You know, I recall making a clay/ceramic goldfish in grade school one time.
    You were in my neck of the woods, and made no mention to me? Fine, I see how it is.

I am a Bob and Tom listener, so listening to Big Butter Jesus is pretty standard. A link is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ksuOaI61g

They have raised the money to create another statue, although this time it isn't nearly as interesting...

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    You were in my neck of the woods, and made no mention to me? Fine, I see how it is.
    Off-topic:
    Are you near Cinci? (had I known you were local, a meet-up still would have been unlikely, as I did not have a car and was essentially a captive at an old tyme radio convention all weekend) As far as local interest this past weekend, I intended to order some 5-way at Skyline, but ended up getting a couple classic dogs and a bowl of chili and fries at Blue Ash Chili

Registered
    Jun 2009
    I have to ask why they would bother to set aside funds to make a new statue when they are supposed to be taken in The Rapture in a few days, unless...
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    I have to ask why they would bother to set aside funds to make a new statue when they are supposed to be taken in The Rapture in a few days, unless...
    Its to rub it in for the rest of us.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Dec 2007, 10:37 PM
  2. hell hath no fury...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 08 Nov 2005, 3:24 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 31 May 2004, 12:29 AM