Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: UCL International Planning (MSc Course)

Registered
    May 2011

UCL International Planning (MSc Course)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so apologies in advance if this topic already exists although I couldn't find one relevant to my question anyway.

Is there anyone out there who has accepted on offer (or thinking of) studying MSc International Planning at UCL for September 2011 entry?

Thanks

Just curious as to your background/GPA. I'm thinking of applying to UCL down the line and am curious of my chances.

Registered
    May 2011
    Quote Originally posted by La Urbanista View post
    Just curious as to your background/GPA. I'm thinking of applying to UCL down the line and am curious of my chances.
    Well i just graduated with a BSc in Earth/Environmental Sciences. I did cover planning very briefly in some of my courses, so i decided to explore further and have developed interest in this area ever since.

As for UCL, their entry requirements is a second class honours degree, and they accept students from different academic backgrounds too. I believe they are quite lenient, as long as you are interested in planning and the program they offer. Check out their website:
    http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/planni...programmes.htm

I'm sure you will be accepted if you apply. I would recommend you apply as early as possible, perhaps between October-November, with all your references sorted out, as UCL takes at least 7 weeks to get back to you for an interview/offer. And if you're a foreign student, this process may take a wee bit more longer.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2009
    I applied to UCL for the MSc in Spatial Planning. I'm waiting to hear from the school next week.

the school's international reputation is an important factor but so is the cost of living in London.

Registered
    Mar 2011

UCL International Planning

Hey,
    I have a place on the International Planning course for september 2011, at the moment I'm deciding between this course or Urban and regional planning at Westminster. The International Planning course at UCL is more policy-based and theoretical.
    Melon101 have you gone to visit the faculty yet?

Registered
    May 2011
    Quote Originally posted by ochadie View post
    Hey,
    I have a place on the International Planning course for september 2011, at the moment I'm deciding between this course or Urban and regional planning at Westminster. The International Planning course at UCL is more policy-based and theoretical.
    Melon101 have you gone to visit the faculty yet?

Hiya,
    I had an interview at UCL back in Feb and was offered a place, i later accepted my offer, so i do intend to study there in September. How about yourself?
    I did not apply to Westminster since the course heavily focuses on UK and European policies. I prefer to gain a more international scope of Planning, so i just applied to UCL.

Do you come from a planning background? It would be great to see you at UCL, however best wishes with your decision

Registered
    Mar 2011
    I can't decide yet, but I don't have a planning background. I did a BA in Art History and I focused alot on architecture and the built environment so that's what got me interested in planning. I am also very interested in the international aspect of the course. Are there any countries you are particularly interested in focusing on?
    It would be nice to meet you too.

Registered
    May 2011
    Yep, i don't have a planning background either, just covered it briefly in 2 modules last year during my undergrad, but initially i developed my interest when i began reading into urban design and environmental planning.
    Well i'd like to focus on far-east Asia, but the course content overall seems to cover the Americas, Europe and all developed states, so it would prepare me well, to get a better grasp and understanding of planning. I intend to move to the Far-East after my studies. How about you?

I'll send you a PM with my email, so can you reply to me via email if you prefer.

Registered
    May 2011
    Quote Originally posted by JeromeRaymond View post
    I applied to UCL for the MSc in Spatial Planning. I'm waiting to hear from the school next week.

the school's international reputation is an important factor but so is the cost of living in London.
    So, are you intending to join UCL too? Hope you received the good news

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally posted by melon101 View post
    So, are you intending to join UCL too? Hope you received the good news
    I'm planning to visit the school in July to check out the programme, faculty and facilities. Looking forward to it!

Registered
    Jun 2010
    Hey fellow cyburbians..I've applied for sep'13 intake in International Planning, and was wondering whether if any of you people actually made it into UCL/Bartlett !?
    Pls do reply !!

Registered
    Mar 2013
    Hey there! I got an unconditional offer for the 2013 intake. Anyone else? it'd be nice to meet before the classes start!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 02 Nov 2012, 4:29 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 05 Mar 2008, 2:32 AM
  3. International planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 21 Mar 2007, 3:47 PM
  4. International Planning
    Career Development and Advice