Hello there, I am doing a paper/career shadow on being an urban planner. I need one more interviewee either in a private firm or in public sector, and it has to be one based in California. If anyone on here who works in California could take the time to answer these questions, it would be most appreciated. I also would need your name and the entity you work for, so for privacy reasons you could always PM me the answers. Thanks!
1) What was your educational background?
2) What made you want to become a urban planner?
3) What is the biggest obstacle you encounter in getting a project seen through?
4) What do you like most about being a planner, and what do you like the least?
5) What do you think are the most important skills to have as a urban planner?
6) From start to finish, what is the process in working on a project?
7) What are most important factors in deciding a project is viable or not?
8) What trends do you see happening in urban planning in the next decade?
9) What is the most important advice you would have for a prospective future urban planner?