Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The NEVERENDING FML thread

Registered
    Mar 2004

For what its worth......

Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Wait, is that a reaction? Or is it the actual sound of you going for the "simple approach"?

AIB Kjel's post above, I am currently hunting for a "part-time" gig (which is code for I'm-going-to-deliver-pizzas-at-night) to make more money because I'm tired of being poor and can't seem to move up the ladder in spite of my experience. By day, respected planner, by night - pepperoni-boy.

FML.
    Ursus, I would would order a pizza from you any day I want a t-shirt that says Ursus delivered my Pizza, but The One made it
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    Ursus, I would would order a pizza from you any day I want a t-shirt that says Ursus delivered my Pizza, but The One made it
    I would BUY that shirt!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Wait, is that a reaction? Or is it the actual sound of you going for the "simple approach"?

AIB Kjel's post above, I am currently hunting for a "part-time" gig (which is code for I'm-going-to-deliver-pizzas-at-night) to make more money because I'm tired of being poor and can't seem to move up the ladder in spite of my experience. By day, respected planner, by night - pepperoni-boy.

FML.
    Good luck to you and be safe. I hate being broke too and now I have RT's college tuition to pay for starting in July. We have a roommate now so I can afford to do that.

FML continues.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Serious Reply

Kind of unusual for this Bear to step into a threadzone and respond in a serious manner. As follows.....

I opened the thread, figured out what the hell FML stood for, and tried to think of something witty and in a FML category. But then I thought of.....

Joplin, MO
    Mid-south tornadoes
    Flooded homes
    Cancer
    Highway death
    Dying too young
    AIDs victims
    Etc.

So......"anti-FML" to all.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Hrrruummppffff.......

Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Kind of unusual for this Bear to step into a threadzone and respond in a serious manner. As follows.....

I opened the thread, figured out what the hell FML stood for, and tried to think of something witty and in a FML category. But then I thought of.....

Joplin, MO
    Mid-south tornadoes
    Flooded homes
    Cancer
    Highway death
    Dying too young
    AIDs victims
    Etc.

So......"anti-FML" to all.

Bear
    Killjoy......even if you're right
    Skilled Adoxographer

Two unmistakable and forceful staff recommendations for denial up in flames. By 5-0 votes, no less. FML.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Sep 1999
    My car battery was dead this morning.

Received email from former friend I mentioned in another thread that seemed loopy but vaguely threatening. A mutual friend concurred.

Big thunderstorm this afternoon with power surges. Thought RJ's big t.v. had been zapped so a short panic but it's OK.

He's working late and I'm almost out of white wine and he's got a new supply in the back of his SUV.

FML

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    We've got plan commission today and I've had to dress accordingly. Problem, we'll probably break 100 today with humidity.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Day before my going away reception, moving everything out of my house this weekend, last day of work Wednesday, and house closing and supposed to be hitting the road to go to AZ next Thursday.

Have a sinus infection and woke up this morning with pink eye in my left eye. FML
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Slipped, fell, ate a tile floor. Busted my lip and chipped a front tooth. FML.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Slipped, fell, ate a tile floor. Busted my lip and chipped a front tooth. FML.
    If it was at the Golden arches, it's your lucky day.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I ate too many cookies.

I have lost my confidence.

I got booted out of my own bed by a toddler.

There is nothing pressing to do at the office.

I sit here counting seconds.

I still have a languishing head cold.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2002

Bump

I accidentally dropped a piece of mail onto a two-foot snowbank... and it slid down the other side.

FML.

Registered
    May 2002
    I was told Wednesday that I received a 2% increase in pay due to the merit increase. First paycheck of the new year came in today. My new salary increase was reflected, but more than made up for by the increases in insurance and social security. As a result, I'll net almost less than $1000 this year despite a 2% raise.

/FML
    Back home just in time for hockey season!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Coragus View post
    I was told Wednesday that I received a 2% increase in pay due to the merit increase. First paycheck of the new year came in today. My new salary increase was reflected, but more than made up for by the increases in insurance and social security. As a result, I'll net almost less than $1000 this year despite a 2% raise.

/FML
    I think we all share your pain. The payroll tax is such a killer.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Lil' bro's Hodgkin Lymphoma turned out to be chemo resistant. He gets two high dose chemo treatments which requires a 3 day hospital stay with 21 days off between treatments. After that he gets to spend 21 days at UM medical center where he gets a chemo treatment so toxic that it kills off all of his bone marrow followed a stem cell transplant and this is the best case scenario. Good thing his is 20 and my parents have great healthcare insurance.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    Lil' bro's Hodgkin Lymphoma turned out to be chemo resistant. He gets two high dose chemo treatments which requires a 3 day hospital stay with 21 days off between treatments. After that he gets to spend 21 days at UM medical center where he gets a chemo treatment so toxic that it kills off all of his bone marrow followed a stem cell transplant and this is the best case scenario. Good thing his is 20 and my parents have great healthcare insurance.
    So sorry Brocktoon. Are you able to visit him?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    sending strength and positive energy to you and your family.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Apparently everything I do around here is wrong.

FML.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Somebody should have sympathy that my beloved cat is at death's door, but I guess not. Pardon me for avoiding another issue for a day or two.

FML.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Joy Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2013, 10:39 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 2:33 PM