Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP exam application help

Registered
    Jun 2011

AICP exam application help

I'm having some difficulty with my criterion responses...I never knew 250 words were so much...and this is coming from someone who has been told that his technical staff reports are overly verbose

The two AICP planners in my office both got theirs many years ago, and none of the other staff members have ever had any interest in applying...so I am kind of at a loss...

At the risk of feeling like I'm in high school asking to borrow someone's home work, would anyone be willing to share their successful criterion responses with me so I can get some ideas?

Thanks for any help and guidance that you can provide.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome. If you check the Career forum, you will see that there are many questions such as this scattered around. Sometimes people send their information, but most the time the answer is the same - it isn't that complicated.

Answer the questions to the best of your ability. Tell them WHY you meet each criterion. Give examples and reasons as to your ability and experience. You should be able to answer most with well above what is required.

Start out just typing up all your experiences. Then edit those into each question. You will be surprised at how the numbers start to work.

Search the forum a bit and you might find someone willing to send it - but my guess is that most people aren't going to be willing to share. Good luck!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by eastbayblu View post
    At the risk of feeling like I'm in high school asking to borrow someone's home work, would anyone be willing to share their successful criterion responses with me so I can get some ideas?
    Read this

Please use the search feature on this site. Ton of great info.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jun 2011

@CPSURaf

I did see that post...Got some helpful info...but I did see where some users sent him some stuff privately and that was the same thing I was looking for.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 04 Mar 2014, 8:37 PM
  2. Need some help with the AICP application
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 1:09 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 03 Jun 2009, 7:05 PM
  4. Replies: 0