Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Second interview

Registered
    Jun 2010

Second interview

Hi everyone. What does second interviews usually consisted of in your experience? First one was general questions that ran for 30 minutes. This one will be for an hour. Any idea on what I should study for? I'm very interested in this position and would like to be well prepared. Thank you!

Registered
    Dec 2010
    There are some great interview question examples in this forum so I highly recommend looking through those. It really depends on the job you are applying for, but if the first round of questions were very general, I think you might be able to guess the nature of the second round of questions. For my most recent position, the second round consisted of a written exam, which was basically a mock scenario of what I would do with *insert random development review* case.
    Last edited by HomerJ; 21 Jun 2011 at 2:54 PM.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    Thank you for your response. I asked the HR lady and she said it is a very informal setting. There is no format and no need to prepare. What does this mean?

I'm guessing this time around, they will be looking at personality and maturity level.Have youguys been asked any off-the-wall questions? or behavior questions? It's my first time being offered a second interview so I wanted to ask of other's experiences.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    They are going to ask questions about you and your background and experience is my guess.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Aug 2009
    You've made it through the gatekeepers to the head cheese(s). From my experience, they ask more pointed, detailed questions about your experience, and try to see what you know regarding state environmental laws and any unusual local issues...they also try to get a hint of your personality, making sure you're not a nut, or difficult to work with

Congrats and good luck!
    "I'm a boomerang, doesn't matter how you throw me
    I turn around and I'm back in the game
    Even better than the old me"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The interview you'd like to have...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 22 Jul 2009, 1:20 PM
  2. Interview for job I may not want
    Career Development and Advice