Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cost of constructing urban park and plaza [Was:urgent info]

Registered
    Jun 2011

Cost of constructing urban park and plaza [Was:urgent info]

hi everybody, I am new here,
    I ma in urgent need of some info, anyvody know how much is an average cost for an urban small park and an urban square, i am talking about the construction/installation cost

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ruthyshaf View post
    hi everybody, I am new here,
    I ma in urgent need of some info, anyvody know how much is an average cost for an urban small park and an urban square, i am talking about the construction/installation cost
    The best thing that you can do, assuming that the land is already owned by whoever is installing the park/square and there are no buildings on it that will have to be cleared, is to contact the various local construction contractors in your area, show them your plans and ideas and get estimates and/or bids. Then go with the lowest one if it fits into your budget. I have no idea what the going rate for labor and materials is in northern Italy.

Mike

Registered
    Jan 2005
    There is never any set costs. It really depends on the features, size, etc. You will need to figure out what you expect on the site, and then bid it out. Without exactly what you want to do, no one is going to be able to tell you what it will cost.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 18
    Last post: 24 Jun 2013, 11:09 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last post: 17 Apr 2012, 10:38 AM
  3. Urban plaza capacity standards?
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 01 Dec 2006, 8:51 AM
  4. Park Development Cost
    Economic and Community Development