1 11.11%
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Premier League and Relegation League

Registered
    Jan 2005

Premier League and Relegation League

The format would be as follows:

*The top 8 teams from 2010 (4 from North, 4 from South) would be placed in the Premier League.

*The rest are in the relegation league. (Can be modified each year depending on how many players are in)

*The Premier League will be more time consuming and competitive, so each year a manager can choose to be in it or not. The top 6 teams in the Premier league will stay and the bottom two will get relegated. The top two teams from the Relegation League will get bumped up to the Premier league.

*No keepers.

*The Premier League will have an AutoDraft based on the managers want list within Yahoo.

*The Relegation League can have the same format for Drafting, unless the group wants to keep doing it how we do it now.

*Both Leagues will be the same scoring, team sizes, etc.

*A commissioner (I nominate Giff, unless he doesn't want to be) will be in charge of both leagues, since we don't know who will go up or down each year.

=======================

So what say you? Any additional changes or comments?

Should we just stick to what we have now?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Shouldn't be a problem if we are using auto draft, I would have time to do it. It's the month long draft and loading up the teams that take a lot of comish time. I'm not sure you can manage a league without a team in it though......
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Shouldn't be a problem if we are using auto draft, I would have time to do it. It's the month long draft and loading up the teams that take a lot of comish time. I'm not sure you can manage a league without a team in it though......
    Good call... hmmm. Well I might always have a second team in the lower league, so I would be willing to do it. If someone has any other ideas or if we want to do a switching commissioner for the lower league, we can do that too.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Honestly... i think it sucks to be regulated to a "regulation" league, when the year before I came in 2nd. Why not just shake things up and have two leagues (AFC/NFC) (public sector/private sector) whatever and that way we can continue to have a super bowl and mix up the teams through the luck of the draw.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    No,

We already have a North / South system. This would ruin that system. The current system works just fine.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post
    No,

We already have a North / South system. This would ruin that system. The current system works just fine.
    We need to change it somewhat, so we can be more consistent year to year. This way the people that play every year or care get to play in one league, and those that come and go, or that just play because they want to have something to do have another league.

We could just split it into two divisions, with one commissioner and finish the year with a Super Bowl, but we are going to have to change the keeper / drafting format somewhat I think.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    We need to change it somewhat, so we can be more consistent year to year. This way the people that play every year or care get to play in one league, and those that come and go, or that just play because they want to have something to do have another league.

We could just split it into two divisions, with one commissioner and finish the year with a Super Bowl, but we are going to have to change the keeper / drafting format somewhat I think.
    I have been at this from the start, but a poor showing last year and I end up in the relegation whatever? Its not for lack of trying. I play EVERY year. There is no come or go... but so what?

Drop the keeper thing. Start draft next Monday. One comish is fine. I can comish the north, but don't expect last minute changes to be immediately handled just before game time. I will be at Lambeau Field, beer in hand. Can't promise I will be the best at it.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have been at this from the start, but a poor showing last year and I end up in the relegation whatever? Its not for lack of trying. I play EVERY year. There is no come or go... but so what?

Drop the keeper thing. Start draft next Monday. One comish is fine. I can comish the north, but don't expect last minute changes to be immediately handled just before game time. I will be at Lambeau Field, beer in hand. Can't promise I will be the best at it.
    I think we really just need to decide whether or not we like the relegation concept. I think Giff can Commish both leagues if we just do divisions. Maybe we aren't ready for such shifts like the Premier league....

Right now we just need to choose and move forward.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I think we really just need to decide whether or not we like the relegation concept. I think Giff can Commish both leagues if we just do divisions. Maybe we aren't ready for such shifts like the Premier league....

Right now we just need to choose and move forward.
    The relegation league is the concept that happens when 1-3 players in a league want to make the rest of the league of happy to play individuals into an all consuming 24-7 obsession. It's nice they have that kind of desire, but it really does ruin the whole point of a league like we have had. Fun and EASY to play.

I have two other leagues I play in. Last year, this is the only one where I carped out. It is really annoying to think I can't sit at the table to play with the other kids. Keep our league simple and fun. Split em in two, draft and play.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I would hate to cut out folks that want to play, not to mention the folks that don't check this and think it's business as usual. Perhaps keeping two divisions, no keepers and an auto draft for this year is the most stress free way to go.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    If the keepers and the offline draft are a problem I vote leave the leagues as they are drop the keepers and do an auto or live draft. If you can't show, it auto picks for you, so rank your players.

I personally would like to try out a 16 team league with 3 man benches, but no one likes that idea
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think we should at least move to one league with two divisions. That way we can have a Super Bowl - which is needed.

The commissioners from each league just need to send an email message to all members to join one central league - which I assume Giff will create?

We then can be placed in two divisions and figure out how each division is won and who plays for the Super Bowl. Such a setup would be pretty easy to make work.

The question is though, how many teams should we shoot for? We have 16 right now, but 20 would be much more preferable.

I think we should consider modification to the team structure as well, but this all might be too much change

Registered
    Jul 1998
    We are at 16 because we can't keep 20, and no new folks seem interested. I'll look to see if yahoo will allow divisions, otherwise we will have to find another provider.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Nfl.com has a free division enabled game.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    We are at 16 because we can't keep 20, and no new folks seem interested. I'll look to see if yahoo will allow divisions, otherwise we will have to find another provider.
    It should allow divisions. Last year I was in a 12 man that was split into divisions.
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Did Anyone Contact WSU MUP Student to see if he was still interested? It would be nice to keep both divisions under 1 umbrella. Although this North/South thing is kinda bunk with Hink taking his talents to Ohio :p

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Dragon View post
    It should allow divisions. Last year I was in a 12 man that was split into divisions.
    I didn't see how to do it, maybe I didn't go through enough screens to find that setting.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Yahoo does allow for divisions as well. I was a commish for my city league and we had public works versus admin/planning.

Do we have a hard number of those that want to play? That should determine how many leagues we have and if we have divisions.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I figured it out. I created a new league with two divisions.

We need to decide on a live draft day.

New League is here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cyburbia
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I have been at this from the start, but a poor showing last year and I end up in the relegation whatever? Its not for lack of trying. I play EVERY year.
    Ditto that!

Thanks for getting us rolling, giff. I look forward to crushing you all.
    Last edited by plankton; 03 Aug 2011 at 1:09 AM. Reason: oops

Registered
    Jan 2005

It seems to say that the league doesn't exist because I am not in it. Can you make the league visible to anyone, and then add me too.

Yahoo doesn't allow for a 20 man league with two 10 man divisions? I think we can make that work. I will play three teams if we have to this year, but I think we will get WSU and maybe 1 or two more....

We aren't doing a live draft are we? I thought we were doing an Auto Draft off of our yahoo list?

Registered
    Jul 1998
    It seems to say that the league doesn't exist because I am not in it. Can you make the league visible to anyone, and then add me too.

Yahoo doesn't allow for a 20 man league with two 10 man divisions? I think we can make that work. I will play three teams if we have to this year, but I think we will get WSU and maybe 1 or two more....

We aren't doing a live draft are we? I thought we were doing an Auto Draft off of our yahoo list?

I can change the draft at any time. I think yahoo's max is 20, and you can have as many divisions as you want.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2007

I click on the link and nothing.. can't view the league. Do you have to send out invites?

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I will PM the link that works to who needs it. PM me and I'll reply with the link.

Max teams set at 20, auto draft selected.

and you should be able to see it now
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So when do I sign up my second team? How are divisions figured out?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Any luck for an Ivy League?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 27 Nov 2010, 12:26 AM
  2. The Ivy League punchline
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 01 Apr 2009, 4:56 PM
  3. League this year?