1) The size of your yard and/or house is meaningless for the most part. What you do not pay for in a house each month can be used to provide more life experiences.
2) Life experience for a child is not stuff, things, or even places. Life experience is what a child experiences when their parents life in general harmony and do what they say they are going to do. A broken promise is many times worse than a promise never made. Kids remember. They watch everything you do. They will use anything and everything they can against you. Most of all, they will never admit it, but they want guidance, predictability, and the understanding that you will always be decent to them no matter what they do to you.
3) It seems you are always talking about leaving Hawaii. That is not a sign that you really are committed to stay there, or that you believe what you are saying.
4) Your future child will not require larger vistas for outdoor exploration until age 3 or so. From now until then is nearly 4 years away. More states will open up for SSM in the next 4 to 5 years.
5) You remember your childhood fondly. You will behave just like your parents in the clutch. Which one will reveal itself later. Your child will have a different set of experiences, but there is no reason it should not be just as happy. It will be noticeably different.
6) They get much more fun after the diapers are done!
7) People without kids can never quite understand. (ducks incoming! )
8) Quit worrying so damn much already, you have the rest of your life to wonder what the hell is coming next!