Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The New Joint League

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I think it should be a live draft in the evening. If you can't make it, you get autodraft anyway!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    I think it should be a live draft in the evening. If you can't make it, you get autodraft anyway!
    I am guessing you are the Oregon Ironheads? Can you confirm these accusations?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2010

well... I've seen some players get absolutely screwed from an autodraft, mostly when everyone else does it live (although I'm not sure how Yahoo is). With so many people in the league, is it really feasible to do it live?
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I would like to live draft, auto usually screws you in late rounds. Anytime after 7 or 8 PM eastern would be best.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    I would like to live draft, auto usually screws you in late rounds. Anytime after 7 or 8 PM eastern would be best.
    I would be ok with a live draft if the majority of folks can take part. I'm concerned that if only four or five of us are able to take part that it isn't fair to those that cant make it.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I would be ok with a live draft if the majority of folks can take part. I'm concerned that if only four or five of us are able to take part that it isn't fair to those that cant make it.
    Sounds like we need a poll for interest and times. Should I try my hand at it?
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Oct 2005
    That's cool. I think a multiple choise poll is called for.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    We need everyone to sign up first... then we can figure out the draft...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    We need everyone to sign up first... then we can figure out the draft...
    Sorry I jumped the gun. Lock my poll or delete it.
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dragon View post
    Sorry I jumped the gun. Lock my poll or delete it.
    No you are fine, but we need to get everyone to sign up, so we can know who is actually going to be drafting.

Just trying to nudge everyone to sign up, not to slow down the voting process.... carry on

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So I was hoping we might get everyone signed up over the weekend.... but that wasn't the case.

We are stuck at 15. That leaves us 5 people who haven't signed up...

Brocktoon
    plankton
    Gedunker

Not to call anyone out....

Edit: Make that three....
    Last edited by Hink; 10 Aug 2011 at 1:36 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I am guessing you are the Oregon Ironheads? Can you confirm these accusations?
    Damn skippy!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So I was hoping we might get everyone signed up over the weekend.... but that wasn't the case.

Brocktoon
    plankton
    Gedunker

I am just putting this back up on the top of the page.... come on you three........

Registered
    Apr 2006

Brocktoon
    plankton
    Gedunker

I will only sign up to make it an even number so the league can happen. If or when it gets to the point where you need one more team let me know.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I will only sign up to make it an even number so the league can happen. If or when it gets to the point where you need one more team let me know.
    If you don't want to be in, there are a couple of folks that would like to play. Let us know if you want out for sure.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner
    Interested if there is room:
    Whose Yur Planner
    UrbaneSprawler
    geobandito
    chupacabra
    Transit Slug
    These people want to play if you don't. Let me know, so they can get in.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    These people want to play if you don't. Let me know, so they can get in.
    I am happy to give up my spot to one of the needy souls who seeks enterance into the kingdom of Fantasy Football.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I am happy to give up my spot to one of the needy souls who seeks enterance into the kingdom of Fantasy Football.
    Say it and it shall be done.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    If you don't want to be in, there are a couple of folks that would like to play. Let us know if you want out for sure.
    Transit Slug is a real person who wants to play. I will vouch for him, and no, it is not me wanting 2 teams.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Feb 2003
    We haven't started yet and I have already Viking'd. Sorry gang. Been hiking and canoeing the back woods of Maine this week with little to no internet. I thought we would do a live draft later this month but in reading through the posts it still looks a bit undecided. I will check my pm's and try to sign up on yahoo now. I fly back to Oregon Tuesday and will be back to work and online consistenly then.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by plankton View post
    We haven't started yet and I have already Viking'd. Sorry gang. Been hiking and canoeing the back woods of Maine this week with little to no internet. I thought we would do a live draft later this month but in reading through the posts it still looks a bit undecided. I will check my pm's and try to sign up on yahoo now. I fly back to Oregon Tuesday and will be back to work and online consistenly then.
    Thanks! That leaves only one..... not naming anyone....

Gedunker

Registered
    Jan 2005
    We are fully signed up!

Let the games (and trash talk begin)!!!

Registered
    Oct 2005
    When is the auto draft (I assume that is what we are doing)? I have started to rank my team but ranking DE, LB, and DB is quite challenging.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    If we are doing an auto draft, it makes sense to do it as late as possible. If we are going to try and schedule a live draft, we need to figure out what date and time works.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    If we are doing an auto draft, it makes sense to do it as late as possible. If we are going to try and schedule a live draft, we need to figure out what date and time works.
    The poll suggests that a late (10pm) draft on some night will work. But for how many...?

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 29
    Last post: 03 Aug 2011, 5:46 PM
  2. Joint MBA and MUP
    Student Commons
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 10 Oct 2007, 5:35 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Sep 2005, 6:01 PM
  4. Replies: 3