Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Jeans With Holes

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Jeans With Holes

Obvious: This Bear is a geek. Been known to wear shiny new blue jeans, not yet washed, sometimes even with the cuffs turned over / rolled-up.
    _____

Observation 1 - At my workplace we have a rule in our handbook indicating that warehouse employees can not wear torn or frayed clothing, including jeans with holes. Yes, I know that jeans with holes has been a fashion staple for years. Even Katie buys the pre-washed denim with holes. Interesting.

Observation 2 - Here in Swanton the school board released their dress code rules. At first they said, no clothing with holes. Then they changed it to holy clothing okay, from the knees down. Then they changed it again.

We have no skool-age kids, so this doesn't affect us. Still interesting.
    _____

Jeans with holes, yadda. What say you?

Bear

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    .......Jeans with holes, yadda. What say you?...
    On a set of shapely female gams, sexy as hell.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Typically, I think it is kind of trashy. It depends, however, on the nature of the rips or holes.

Examples:
    1- Dirty hippy jeans that haven't been washed in the past 50 uses and feature rips up the back leg from the shoe up to the knee, holes in the knees so large that there is more skin exposed than jean, and giant holes in the butt where I can see your equally dirty underwear = Not hot.

2- Slightly worn jeans where the fabric is a bid faded and you can almost see through it, not so bad.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Bear. Shiny new unwashed jeans? No. RJ has a pair like that and I haven't said anything but.... well, he'll read this.

Holes in jeans, I don't get that. It's like paying for bras with saggy elastic.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2011
    Jeans with holes: no problem.

Jeans with no holes worn around the knees with full boxer (or briefs) showing, usually accompanied by full or partial moon: DEFINITELY a problem.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I wear jeans with holes if I'm having a grubby house or yard work day. I don't mind if they're frayed a little around the hem but otherwise in good shape.

Registered
    Jun 2005
    I own jeans with holes- but there werent like that when i bought them- they were 'pre stressed' and over time with lots and lots of wear holes appeared.

The look grungy and industrial so i dont wear them to work- i wear them to be a hipster
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I don't really think jeans should be worn to work (at least in an administrative setting), so that is kinda moot, but I don't have a problem with jeans with holes otherwise.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    They only reason that jeans should have holes is because they've been worn out. People who purchasing pre-holed jeans are annoying.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Cisterns and sink holes
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 08 Jan 2011, 6:53 AM
  2. I can't buy new jeans!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 31 Aug 2005, 1:44 PM
  3. Urban sprawl and political loop-holes
    Economic and Community Development