Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your picture in front of a macy*s thread

Registered
    Aug 2001

Post your picture in front of a macy*s thread

This is a brilliant idea for a thread. I should have gone to the macy*s in Tallahassee when I was there yesterday.

Here's the first. It's Justin Bieber!!! (But I don't think Justin is a Cyburbian...but this guy looks like a Cyburbian)

Post away, Cyburbians!!!
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Jan 2005
    No credit.... I get no respect... I look forward to seeing this thread blossom... I would imagine this thread should evolve to have lots of things in front of a Macys... like lolz cats...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    As soon as I can get downtown I'm posting mine. I don't have a Macy's real near by...as you may be aware they're very exclusive and indicate the presence of "lifestyle". Not in my hood.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Unfortunately, we don't have a macy's here; the clsoest one is about 30 miles away. I can get a photo in front of a head shop or some kind of co-op instead, if that will do.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Unfortunately, we don't have a macy's here; the clsoest one is about 30 miles away. I can get a photo in front of a head shop or some kind of co-op instead, if that will do.
    Ditto.. nearest one is 30 miles, but i dare not step foot in that hood'.

Should have taken a picture of the one i walked by last night in Santa Barbara.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Not to make SLO feel inadequate or anything, but my small city has a Macy's, Right on the edge of town between the Catholic cemetary and a mini mall. But taking a picture of me in front of it might violate my agreement under the Federal Witness Protection Program. So sorry.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Maybe Ill go downtown and take a pic on Sunday or Monday, if the hurricane doesnt come (I don't want m hair to be bad in the pic!)

One additional thought: would a person get bonus points if they worked at a Macy's? Or took one at the Macy's in SLO?

Registered
    Apr 2006
    RJ the beard makes you look old and and out of shape...is that your boy friend looking over your right shoulder?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    RJ the beard makes you look old and and out of shape...is that your boy friend looking over your right shoulder?
    And those close-set blue eyes shining thru the sunglasses are really disturbing.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Nov 2006
    The closest Macys to Jamestown is 50 miles away in Erie, PA. The next closest is 60 miles away in Hamburg, NY. I don't suppose a Bon Ton is upscale enough ... and definitely not Sears or JC Penneys.

Registered
    Jul 2002

I told you I was old.
    Last edited by Tom R; 23 Aug 2011 at 1:05 PM. Reason: oops

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Can I take my photo in front of a Hudson's instead?
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Only if it is one that was closed by Macy's and is located near to your office! Bonus points if you get Brooks in the shot with you. That beats out Bieber!

I might take mine by the steel girders sticking out of the concrete. Or I might go to northland where they kept the name up for yucks as well as the WW-2 Honor Roll. Or maybe Somerset where I can get my pic taken by one of the brass water fountains I had to drink out of whenever I saw one. There must have been a tousand in that old store!
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Linda_D View post
    The closest Macys to Jamestown is 50 miles away in Erie, PA. The next closest is 60 miles away in Hamburg, NY. I don't suppose a Bon Ton is upscale enough ... and definitely not Sears or JC Penneys.
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    What is it about "in front of a Macy's" you people don't get? Is a crunchy store a Macy's? No? Then no. Is a Bon Ton a Macy's? No? Then no. Is a Hudson's a Macy's? No? Then no. Only Macy's counts. Or possibly an upscale restaurant like an Olive Garden. CPSUraf might get away with the waterfall at the Madona Inn, though.

There's no Macy's in Otisville, so unless I get to Salem, about 50 miles away, or Portland, about 90 miles away, you won't see a photo of me in front of one. We don't even have an Olive Garden here.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    We don't even have an Olive Garden here.
    Be thankful about that!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Is a Hudson's a Macy's? No? Then no. Only Macy's counts.
    Hudson's merged into Dayton's to become Dayton-Hudson. The Detroit stores remained as Hudson's. About 20 years ago Dayton-Hudson bought Marshall Field's. Eventually Dayton-Hudson took the name of its most famous store, Target. It then got ready to sell off all the other stores. This included B Dalton Books, Mervyn's and the Big Department Stores. Nobody wanted Mervyn's so they closed up shop. They then had the bight idea to market all of thier large department stores as one so they changed the name of all of them to Marshall Field. Well Marshall Field was then bought and sold a couple of times and eventually becamed owned by Macy's. Hence all of the Macy's here are old Hudson's with the exception of the one Macy's closed. It is nothing in a empty mall that was the victim of outlet malls and big boxes.

Therefore Hudson's counts by my account.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Mar 2004
    There is a macy's store here (Appleton, WI) that was originally a Marshall Field's and then a Dayton's, but I avoid the mall that it is a part of like the plague!

Mike

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    Hudson's merged into Dayton's to become Dayton-Hudson. The Detroit stores remained as Hudson's. About 20 years ago Dayton-Hudson bought Marshall Field's. Eventually Dayton-Hudson took the name of its most famous store, Target. It then got ready to sell off all the other stores. This included B Dalton Books, Mervyn's and the Big Department Stores. Nobody wanted Mervyn's so they closed up shop. They then had the bight idea to market all of thier large department stores as one so they changed the name of all of them to Marshall Field. Well Marshall Field was then bought and sold a couple of times and eventually becamed owned by Macy's. Hence all of the Macy's here are old Hudson's with the exception of the one Macy's closed. It is nothing in a empty mall that was the victim of outlet malls and big boxes.

Therefore Hudson's counts by my account.
    So if I follow this correctly, a dead Hudson's = Macy's? Is that right?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    So if I follow this correctly, a dead Hudson's = Macy's? Is that right?
    Pretty much. Everyone I talk to calls Macy's, $#!tty Hudson's.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    Pretty much. Everyone I talk to calls Macy's, $#!tty Hudson's.
    While in Buffalo, it's still called "Hengerer's" by many.

(Hengerer's -> Sibley's -> Kauffman's -> Macy's)
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Nov 2009

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I pictured you differently, US. Nonetheless, that's funny stuff. Bordering on brilliance.

Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    And those close-set blue eyes shining thru the sunglasses are really disturbing.
    I yet to have my image captured at a macy*s. But it will happen.

EDIT: Anybody have the link to that guy's image? I have some ideas...
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 23 Aug 2011 at 6:56 PM.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Rj posts the thread, and our nearest Macy's is almost 2hrs from here! Make it just impossible for me, him, or us to get a pic. We are truly in the middle of nowhere.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Rj posts the thread, and our nearest Macy's is almost 2hrs from here! Make it just impossible for me, him, or us to get a pic. We are truly in the middle of nowhere.
    What you lack in Macy's I have in abundance here. The only one that I truly like is the flagship store in NYC, the rest are just kinda meh.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hmmmmm

Now I'm on a mission to get my pic in front of as many Macy's as possible

Dan, Post that notice I sent you in this thread
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Real Picture thread - 2005 edition
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 74
    Last post: 04 Nov 2005, 10:12 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 23 Jul 2005, 7:20 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 22 May 2004, 7:38 PM