Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: University of Memphis + advice on taking one class

Registered
    Aug 2011

University of Memphis + advice on taking one class

I'm going to be taking one class in planning at Memphis this fall and was hoping someone on here knew more about the program than than I do. The obvious choice is to just take 'Intro to City Planning,' however, I'm worried that it will be sort of like the urban geography I took as an undergrad and will only re-inform me about how urban planning is important and that it exists, rather dive into the specifics. Apparently, I'm allowed to take ANY class I want, although that seems strange because it would be totally inappropriate for me to to jump in a group-based site planning class as my first course (at least I think so).

So A) Anyone know much about Memphis?

B) Will an 'intro to city planning' be an intellectual challenge that will help me decide if I want to pursue an MURP? Or will it be sort of like an urban geography class in which you learn what a CSA is and the difference between light and heavy rail...

Thanks!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2009
    Send an e-mail asking for the syllabus. Different teachers (read: different years) have different material.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    You have to ask a professor and/or someone who took the class.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 51
    Last post: 15 Feb 2013, 9:01 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 07 Feb 2011, 5:25 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last post: 25 Jul 2010, 12:05 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 04 Oct 2004, 1:05 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last post: 02 May 2004, 6:21 AM