6 37.50%
  • Auto Draft For Everyone

10 62.50%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Final Poll Regarding Live Draft

Registered
    Jul 1998

Final Poll Regarding Live Draft

It is looking like going with an auto draft is the most fair way to go. I am concerned that if half of us draft live and the other half don't that things will be lopsided.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 1998
    7 out of 20 is not a good response. As much as I hate autodraft, I think we will probably end up there for this year.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    7 out of 20 is not a good response. As much as I hate autodraft, I think we will probably end up there for this year.
    20 teams with 20 players = 400 players.

Be sure that everyone lists AT LEAST 400 players....

.... what is the order going to be?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Oct 2001
    So we only have 9 of 20 teams voting in the poll?

Oy...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    20 teams with 20 players = 400 players.

Be sure that everyone lists AT LEAST 400 players....

.... what is the order going to be?
    Yahoo will rank the players you do not, so once you get past the first 100, the yahoo rankings will probably be close enough.

The order will be random this year. If we go back to keepers, next year we will draft worst to first.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Mastiff's Clusterdraft comment is spot on.

I'm bummed that after eight years of playing in this quirky league and accumulating our keepers after many hard fought seasons, that this is what we are about to do.

I vote to go back to the original rules, break the divisions back up into North and South and start the offline drafts pronto.

If we start this week, we could get it done. Sure, there will be short turnaround times and lots of Vikings but isn't that better than an auto draft that nobody really wants. Let's face it, it will be total luck of the draw with a few quick triggers to pick up valuable free agents along the way under this scenario.

C'mon old times (and willing newbies), let's take our league back! Go to your fantasy profile to find last year's roster and post yer three keepers right away. For those that have dropped out, the newbies get an existing team on random draw. I'm happy to commish it if need be.

I'm keeping A. Foster, C. Johnson (TEN) and L. Blount. So, there!

FWIW, I'm not wanting to undermine the new league concept and will certainly play in the league but we still have time to fix this thing and make it much better for the long haul while respecting all of our past time and effort.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by plankton View post
    Mastiff's Clusterdraft comment is spot on.

I'm bummed that after eight years of playing in this quirky league and accumulating our keepers after many hard fought seasons, that this is what we are about to do.
    So here is the problem. We only had 17 people that were even remotely interested (some would have not played if we kept it the same). After pushing for more people to join with the premise that they would not have to go through the time consuming and annoying post by post draft format.

We then wanted to split it into a relegation format, where those who won got to play in the big boy league, and those that didn't have time or didn't care and those who lost in the Cyburbia Premiership would play in the relegation league until the next year where they would be promoted. That was poo-poo'ed.

We then wanted to go to a live draft, but the problem is that not everyone had time or wants to live draft.

So we sit with an autodraft.

I think the point of this draft is inclusion, and we happen to have a pretty wide swatch of people who are interested. Not everyone has time, or cares to draft post by post. So I respect what you are saying, I just don't think that it is manageable from time or player standpoint.

I still want to have the CPL and the CRL, with live draft for the CPL and post by post or autodraft for the CRL.

We could always have two leagues.... one for those who want to stay playing the way it was (which from posts it seems like maybe 6 people?) and the others can be put into the format we have been working out.

I don't know what the answer is, but it needs to be decided sooner, rather than later.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    It is looking like going with an auto draft is the most fair way to go. I am concerned that if half of us draft live and the other half don't that things will be lopsided.
    I'm not sure that things would really be that lopsided. Even if the non-drafters just used the default yahoo ranking I don't think the results would be that bad. If you guys really want a live draft I say make an executive decision and go with it (eff this democracy crap)

I voted for live draft in this poll.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I propose that we muddle through with the autodraft for this year and plan on a live draft with one keeper for next year. With only half the league voting, I really don't think the live draft is the right thing to do.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Autodraft.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Okay. I voted autodraft again because I do think it would be a huge advantage to draft live. At least it would be for me. Just trying to look out for the common good, ya know!

I like giff's idea about getting after it this year with a super-duper deep league and then maybe hitting the reset button for next year. Just so long as I meet Mastiff in the Super Bowl, I'll be happy. Go Lions!

Registered
    Oct 2001

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Mar 2004

Good....

Auto Draft is just what I needed this year.....my milk toast team will destroy all of you!!!
    Skilled Adoxographer

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. New Live Draft Poll
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 23 Aug 2011, 4:54 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last post: 09 Jul 2004, 12:48 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last post: 01 Jul 2004, 12:20 AM
  4. Live draft?