Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Newly minted AICP member from MS

Registered
    Sep 2011

Newly minted AICP member from MS

This will sound like I'm in 1st grade, but what the hey?

My name is Jimmy, and I am a new AICP member...just passed the exam in May of this year (yay!)...upon my 3rd time!!! Anyway, I'm from MS, and wondered if there are any planners from MS or LA out there to chat with. I'm always interested in learning about any new planning jobs in the area so please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from upstate NY!

I got my MURP from University of New Orleans and NOLA is always in my heart. I spent some time in Hattiesburg too while my now hubby was finishing up his PhD.

There are one or two NOLA planners on here and one planner from the Hattiesburg area.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Welcome from the High Plains and congrats on finally passing AICP. I had a phone interview for director of Jackson MS planning, but that is as far as I got. I mentioned that my mother had some cousins I had never met who settled in Jackson. After I mentioned their name the interview got a bit squirrely. Later my mom said that I should never had mentioned them.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Greetings from the Florida panhandle.

My hope is Tropical Storm Lee does no harm to you nor anyone else this weekend. We are still in the cone of uncertainty.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 19 May 2015, 8:45 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last post: 25 Mar 2011, 11:09 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 24 Mar 2011, 2:05 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last post: 07 Jun 2010, 1:46 PM
  5. New member - Seeking advice on AICP exam.
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 22 Nov 2007, 12:22 AM