Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Political systems and the built environment.

Registered
    Aug 2011

Political systems and the built environment.

Hello, my name is Fred-Rick and I am new to this site.

I do not know how much I will come visit, but here is an interest of mine: political systems. And I think it would be interesting to ask if there are differences in outcome for the built environment and the political systems in place. Cyburbia members are probably located in many different nations, so that should be an interesting discussion (if replied to).

I like simple, and came up with the following set-up of political systems. In our globalized and further globalizing world it is probably smart to first mention how all nations are influencing each other and in faster and more detailed manners. Also information and innovations can travel at the light of speed, but possibly there are outcomes in specific that belong or not-belong to specific political systems. Here are the four groups ranked from least open to most open, politically.

1/ nations with a single person or group in control (think communist nations, religious nations, dictatorial nations).

2/ nations with two parties.

3/ nations with a limited number of parties (but with more than 2 empowered parties, i.e. coalition forming governments).

4/ nations with large number of parties (6+).

As mentioned, international organizations (EU, NAFTA, OPEC, ASEAN, WTO, etc) influence the outcome of these nations, and possibly having an empowered president or not could influence the outcome (Brasilia comes to mind).

Other than political systems, I am interested in economics and looking for (the) best solutions (for the moment) for our built environment.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! If you take your question (and make it more concise) to the Make No Small Plans Forum you will probably get more responses.

Again welcome to Cyburbia.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2011
    Thank you, Hink, I'll work on that!

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...203#post604203
    Last edited by Fred-Rick; 31 Aug 2011 at 9:48 PM.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 02 Sep 2011, 1:26 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last post: 13 Apr 2011, 6:07 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 07 Mar 2008, 12:56 PM
  4. Richard Florida and the Built Environment