Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2012-2013 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    Just got back from a trip. In at Michigan, but waitlisted at UIUC. Wasn't really one of my top picks anyway.

Upcoming Decisions

Does anyone know how UCLA, MIT, and Berkeley inform applicants of acceptance? Via email or post? I'm away from my house for a week or so and Id like to know what the deal is ASAP. Thanks.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    grrrr...i've been checking gradcafe non stop and i just saw an acceptance to university of maryland college park, and yet another one to cornell. there is no way being this obsessed can be good for my psychological state. does anyone know anything about this?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011

Harvard - received in mail

Just wanted to let you all know that I just received my Harvard admissions packet with financial aid in the mail. Not bad (wellllll, relatively speaking)...but clarifying my tier 1 versus tier 2 grant status.

I live in Mystic, CT (about 1 hr 45 min from Boston) in case that helps anyone waiting for their package.

Registered
    Sep 2011

Virginia Tech (Old Town Alexandria Campus)

Received acceptance via email from Virginia Tech (Old Town Alexandria Campus).

Registered
    Mar 2011

San Jose State

Accepted to San Jose's MUP program via email. Still waiting on SLO.

Quote Originally posted by StateSchooler View post
    Does anyone know how UCLA, MIT, and Berkeley inform applicants of acceptance? Via email or post? I'm away from my house for a week or so and Id like to know what the deal is ASAP. Thanks.
    UCLA and Berkeley will both let you know via email, or at least they did last year.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally posted by Adam_PBP View post
    Accepted to San Jose's MUP program via email. Still waiting on SLO.

UCLA and Berkeley will both let you know via email, or at least they did last year.
    UCLA and Berkeley did this year as well.

UCI was hard copy letter, snail mail.

Still waiting on USC and ASU.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally posted by ladybug View post
    grrrr...i've been checking gradcafe non stop and i just saw an acceptance to university of maryland college park, and yet another one to cornell. there is no way being this obsessed can be good for my psychological state. does anyone know anything about this?
    The acceptance for U Maryland on Grad Cafe might be a mistake, since that person said they received notification via email. After seeing this positing, I logged onto my UMD application to check my status and the website said, "After the review is completed, you will receive a letter with the decision recommendation in the mail. Decision information cannot be given out over the phone or in email correspondence."

Maryland

I got an email from Professor Cohen telling me about acceptance with a GA position. He indicated that general acceptance notifications would be going out soon.

Harvard's aid package came in yesterday as well- $750 work study per semester and a boatload of loans. Thanks?

Registered
    Feb 2012

UGA

Did anybody here apply to UGA's Environmental Planning and Design program?

Registered
    Feb 2012

Cornell

Just received an e-mail with an attached admit letter.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    Just got my acceptance as well.

Registered
    Feb 2012

cornell

The waiting paid off. I got my acceptance letter. Don't like the funding package though

UCLA

Looks like the first wave of UCLA acceptance emails have gone out, if gradcafe's any indication. Now to constantly refresh...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    I don't think Cornell gives any special packages except to a bare few. They usually provide aid to everyone accepted by lowering the nominal rate of tuition and offering an assistantship.

Registered
    Feb 2012

UCLA

Received an e-mail stating I'm in with additional details on an Open House event. Hard copies along with funding info, if applicable, are in the mail.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011

Cornell

Accepted into Cornell as well. Very good to hear!

Registered
    Mar 2012

Rutgers (Bloustein)

Anyone heard from the Master of City & Regional Planning at Rutgers Bloustein yet? There's one acceptance posted this afternoon (3/6/12) over at thegradcafe.com, but I haven't heard a peep from them yet.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    @angelmon: yeah considering the cost and the aid offered this definitely makes my decision a bit harder.
    UT Austin is considerably cheaper for me( nearly free) and I love Austin but I wonder what influence a program like Cornell's could have on my job prospects especially considering it's ranking.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2011

UCLA

Just checked my email for the first time today, got into their MURP program

Now I have to sit and wait for their funding mailer......

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally posted by wecrenshaw View post
    nanosecond congratulations ! im still waiting on SLO (probably my first choice program) . did you go to ucla for undergrad, as i see you're in LA?
    Actually attended Cal State Northridge

Registered
    Mar 2012

Decisions decisions

So far I've been accepted to UT and UNC and I'm still waiting to hear back from Georgia Tech and Wisconsin. This may be sort of a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway... does UT have a good, well-respected program? I know the university as a whole is pretty prestigious as far as public universities go, but how about the planning program. I would feel kind of stupid turning down UNC, highly ranked by planetizen (which I'm not even sure I trust) for UT which I haven't seen ranked on any lists. If anyone has any insight into this situation I'd really appreciate some advice.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    according to planetizen they are actually number 15...not too shabby. Coming from Texas(born and raised) I may be a bit biased but UT's planning program is actually extremely well respected here. Additionally, considering they are centrally located in the capital they have access to some of the best resources.For me coming from an architecture program, the overall prestige of their design school has a huge effect as well. However, I'm in a similar position but UTAustin appeals to me due to their connection to the latin american studies program which I have had my eye on for awhile, plus their reputation for amazing funding packages. You are correct that UNC ranks higher at number 6, but i think it really depends on what you want to do and what appeals to you.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally posted by Haussmann View post
    Anyone heard from the Master of City & Regional Planning at Rutgers Bloustein yet? There's one acceptance posted this afternoon (3/6/12) over at thegradcafe.com, but I haven't heard a peep from them yet.
    I saw that on Grad Cafe last night and I immediately checked my application status- no decision yet.

Registered
    Jan 2012

Rutgers

Got an email this morning...in! Waiting for financial aid now...

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 3:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 5:13 PM
  3. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 7:59 PM
  4. Replies: 1966
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 4:45 PM