Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2012-2013 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Registered
    Feb 2012

Tufts UEP

Received an e-mail saying I'm in along with some open house details .

Registered
    Feb 2012

Harvard

Just got my financial aid. 1/3 grant, 1/3 federal loan, 1/3 I gotta find a private lender....there goes my excitement about getting into such a big name school...40K in loans per year!!!!
    Was expecting more since both me (individually) and my parent are considered low-income and my FAFSA Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) was 0.
    Starts to make the UC schools look much more appealing because even if UCLA were to give NO aid, it would still be less than 40K.

UMass

Just got emailed my login for SPIRE, so I checked my financial aid tab but it's showing nothing awarded yet. Anyone get anything different?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2012

Thanks for responses

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question yesterday about the Michigan and UNC student portal financial aid info. Michigan actually emailed me this morning offering me fellowship/scholarship aid, so the website's loan-only offer was definitely just driven by what I submitted on my FAFSA. Looks like I'll be going to Michigan's open house after all (and foregoing USC's event - too bad they're on the same day!).

Registered
    Feb 2012

UNC

Has anyone else not yet hear from UNC? Normally I would have given up by now, but the grad school contacted me with a question last week which made me think they had my app, but now, no word. As far as I can tell they don't have an online system that tells you about admittance. Thanks!!

Registered
    Mar 2012

UNC Financial Aid?

Has anyone gotten an offer from UNC on a financial aid award yet?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2011

UNC Financial Aid

I got an email yesterday morning from UNC regarding financial aid. They had the financial aid package on one of their websites I had to log into. In the end, mine was disappointing, entirely loans. I hope yours is better. I'll paste the steps below in case they've posted it but haven't sent the email yet.

Before viewing your award:

Please click here. (http://studentaid.unc.edu/forms/)

Click the appropriate Aid Year.

Under the "Publications" group, find and click

Information About Your Financial Aid Award.

Read the important information there about your financial aid award.

After reading the above important information, follow the steps below to view your award.

Step 1:Visit the webpage My.UNC.edu and Sign In.

Step 2:Signing into My.UNC.edu requires a University of North Carolina ONYEN identification and password. If you have not already created your UNC ONYEN, visit onyen.unc.edu and follow the instructions to "Create an ONYEN". Note that all emails to you from the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid will be sent to your official UNC ONYEN email address. It is your responsibility to monitor this email address.

Step 3:From your MyUNC homepage, navigate to the ConnectCarolina Student Center using the provided link you see.

Step 4:Once within your personal Student Center, locate the section entitled "Finances." This section will include a sub-category for Financial Aid. Please select "View Financial Aid" and choose the appropriate Aid Year.

Registered
    May 2011

UNC

Good news about UNC aid - I just got clarification from the department that, like Michigan, the info online right now is based solely on FAFSA and does not include any merit-based aid from the department. Hope is still alive!

Registered
    Nov 2011

UCLA??

So I don't have super high hopes at this point about UCLA since it seems like several acceptances went out on Tuesday. I am just wondering if anyone has gotten any new information since the first wave? Acceptances/Rejections?

Waiting is terrible!

Thanks everybody

Registered
    Apr 2011

University of Maryland

Maryland just sent out acceptance letters!

Registered
    Jul 2011

Acceptances

Woohoo! In at my top two choices - Rutgers and Penn! Was really nervous about Rutgers after other people got their acceptances two days ago - just got mine today.

Also in at UNC (loans only), NYU, and Maryland.

Looking forward to the open houses!

Berkeley

Rejected. I expected that anyway

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Keep forgetting to post my acceptance/rejection info.

Accepted:
    USC
    Michigan
    Maryland College Park
    Texas A&M

Rejected:
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Berkeley
    (not really surprised by either of those though)

Waiting on:
    Columbia
    MIT

Anyone heard from Michigan about Scholarship info and/or gotten their acceptance letter in the mail yet?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011

Rutgers

Does anyone know the Rutgers deadline for accepting/declining admission? In addition, is there a deposit fee?

Also just got into U Maryland! The last school from which I was waiting to hear.

Registered
    Feb 2012

Berkeley

Quote Originally posted by polydentate View post
    Rejected. I expected that anyway
    Me too Kinda a bummer since today I also received the less than satisfactory aid package from harvard...not a good friday

Waiting for two more schools (MIT and Columbia) as well as financial aid info from UCLA and UPenn.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally posted by urbanista11 View post
    Me too Kinda a bummer since today I also received the less than satisfactory aid package from harvard...not a good friday

Waiting for two more schools (MIT and Columbia) as well as financial aid info from UCLA and UPenn.
    Add me to the Berkeley rejection pool. Hoped for it, but didn't expect it as well.

Interestingly enough, Washington's offer of admission came 15 minutes later, so a bit bittersweet, but UCB was my number one choice.

Quote Originally posted by FaunaConfusia View post
    Woohoo! In at my top two choices - Rutgers and Penn! Was really nervous about Rutgers after other people got their acceptances two days ago - just got mine today.

Also in at UNC (loans only), NYU, and Maryland.

Looking forward to the open houses!
    FaunaConfusia-when did you hear about NYU? Email notification I'm assuming?

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally posted by Backstrom View post
    Add me to the Berkeley rejection pool. Hoped for it, but didn't expect it as well.

Interestingly enough, Washington's offer of admission came 15 minutes later, so a bit bittersweet, but UCB was my number one choice.
    Well, on the bright side, the rejection pool is some 400 people.

Congrats on Washington

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally posted by urbanista11 View post
    Well, on the bright side, the rejection pool is some 400 people.

Congrats on Washington
    Very true. I also browsed through last year's thread and I think everyone either got rejected or waitlisted.

Registered
    Feb 2012

U of Maryland

For those who just recieved U of M college park acceptances: Did the acceptance come through the email directly or was it on the website?

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally posted by ladybug View post
    For those who just recieved U of M college park acceptances: Did the acceptance come through the email directly or was it on the website?
    Got an email that said the admissions decision was up on the website. Then got a second email later in the day about the open house.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011

Michigan-Mail?

Has anyone received Michigan's admissions/aid info in the mail yet? I need to figure out whether I'm going to Michigan's open house soon (it's on a bad weekend for me) as plane tickets from Providence to Detroit aren't cheap!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2012
    I received an email from Michigan this morning notifying me about a scholarship offer (I was the one who mentioned this above). I haven't received anything in the mail though. Maybe you can call on Monday and ask if they've sent out notifications by email ahead of all the mailings or just in advance of some mailings? I'm flying from the west coast and the ticket prices to Detroit are pretty outrageous from here too. I'm actually waiting a few days hoping prices will come down before I buy my tickets, because it doesn't look like they can really go up much higher....

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally posted by heartdetroit View post
    Has anyone received Michigan's admissions/aid info in the mail yet? I need to figure out whether I'm going to Michigan's open house soon (it's on a bad weekend for me) as plane tickets from Providence to Detroit aren't cheap!
    I just went on Wolverine Access and they have updated my Financial Aid to include the merit scholarship I received as well. Just click on View Financial Aid Award Summary.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011
    Thank you jh123 and kwhole01!

Wolverine Access lists a merit award (yay!) but no other financial aid (loans/grants)...is anyone else's Wolverine Access like this? In the documents section, it says they've received my fafsa, which I turned in way before February 15, so I don't think that's the issue.

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 2:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 4:13 PM
  3. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 6:59 PM
  4. Replies: 1966
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 3:45 PM