Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2012-2013 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally posted by urbanista11 View post
    Hey MBrendanawicz,
    Did you look at the Applyweb site? I don´t see where it says application status. Thanks!

No. After an application has been submitted, Kathleen Larson sent an e-mail to confirm the application has been processed and in that e-mail is a link to a personalized web page where you can check the status of your application.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally posted by MBrendanawicz View post
    No. After an application has been submitted, Kathleen Larson sent an e-mail to confirm the application has been processed and in that e-mail is a link to a personalized web page where you can check the status of your application.
    Thanks for the info! I had actually let that e-mail slip by and it´s the first time I logged into the site! whoops...thank goodness for the search feature in my inbox
    Same status as you, showing today´s date in the status

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    Yeah. This is what's on my welcome page:

Welcome

Thank you for applying to MIT's Department of Urban Studies and Planning (DUSP).

You will be notified of our admission decision by the end of March. In lieu of phone and e-mail inquiries, please check this site regularly. The information provided here is the most up-to-date information available.

There will be an Open House weekend from April 13-14, 2012 for admitted students only. On Friday, April 13th, the Open House will focus on the department itself. Over the weekend, there will be a variety of activities intended to introduce prospective students to the broader community (DUSP, MIT, Cambridge, and Boston). This Open House provides a great opportunity to meet the majority of those who will actually attend our programs. Further information will be provided in an e-mail following your admittance.

Best,
    The DUSP Admissions Team

Note: MIT will be closed on Monday, April 16th.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Hey at what point should you call to find out status? (And who do you call? Graduate Admissions or the department secretary or...?)

I still haven't heard from (or rather, been rejected by) USC, and I submitted my application at the end of November!!! Their web site, which says it will be updated once a decision is made, still says it's under review.

Same question for ASU, though ASU was Feb. 15 deadline and folks on GradCafe are just starting to announce decisions that have been made (as of Friday), so less worried about when I'll get rejected from ASU.

Thanks!
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Nothing to see here... please move along people.

(Stupid double-post).
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Mar 2012

SLO

Hi to all. Just discovered this site today and actually just heard from Cal Poly SLO today. I got an email saying I am admitted, and will get more info by mail later. I live in Chicago, but haven't gotten the mail, so I guess that doesn't help. Still waiting for Portland State and Uni of Amsterdam. A question though: my Cal Poly notification says I need to respond to them by April 2nd, and there is no funding info. I am a little uneasy about that. Has anyone else heard from them?

MIT

I'm pretty sure the date that shows the last update to the application doesn't mean anything. I remember checking my application status twice in February and both times it showed me that day's date. I think the date that shows up is just that day's date, not when they actually updated anything.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    Yeaaahhhh. I just looked at the forum from a couple years ago and they discussed the same thing. I hate looking at every detail hoping for a sign.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    has anyone heard anything from columbia yet? this is the last school i am waiting on before i sit down and make my final decisions

Registered
    Feb 2012

SLO

Quote Originally posted by schmidt486 View post
    my Cal Poly notification says I need to respond to them by April 2nd, and there is no funding info. I am a little uneasy about that. Has anyone else heard from them?
    Schmidt--
    I also got an email from SLO, but no financial aid info either. I'm in the Bay Area and haven't received anything in the mail yet so I'm assuming everything's in transit moving your way. In fact, I haven't heard anything regarding financial aid from some other early/mid April decision deadline programs either so maybe I should be a little concerned..

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally posted by schmidt486 View post
    Hi to all. Just discovered this site today and actually just heard from Cal Poly SLO today. I got an email saying I am admitted, and will get more info by mail later. I live in Chicago, but haven't gotten the mail, so I guess that doesn't help. Still waiting for Portland State and Uni of Amsterdam. A question though: my Cal Poly notification says I need to respond to them by April 2nd, and there is no funding info. I am a little uneasy about that. Has anyone else heard from them?
    In the letter they will send in the mail is an application for financial assistance...fill it out, send it in. The letter states financial aid to individuals will be sent out in late April, no specific date range however...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2012

UNC Financial Aid

Did anyone get another notice to view their financial aid on UNC's website, eagerly go to view it, and then NOT see the same thing as they did last time? Mine still shows all loans (same as last week). I'm wondering if a blanket notice was sent out because some people got offered additional aid options, while the rest of us (or at least I) have gotten excited for nothing....

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally posted by jh123 View post
    Did anyone get another notice to view their financial aid on UNC's website, eagerly go to view it, and then NOT see the same thing as they did last time? Mine still shows all loans (same as last week). I'm wondering if a blanket notice was sent out because some people got offered additional aid options, while the rest of us (or at least I) have gotten excited for nothing....
    Same here.

There could be some hope, though. Michigan sent me a very similar email last week, and then, after revising the offer several days later, did not send a follow-up email to tell me to check my updated financial aid package. So perhaps there isn't a connection between when the aid is updated and when the system sends an email.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally posted by nanosecond18 View post
    In the letter they will send in the mail is an application for financial assistance...fill it out, send it in. The letter states financial aid to individuals will be sent out in late April, no specific date range however...
    Hmm. This is going to make an April 2nd decision quite difficult.

Registered
    Dec 2011

Acceptances

Hi Guys,

Congratulations to all who have gotten in so far. I've been regularly checking this website for a couple of weeks now to see which schools have been sending out acceptances and such. So finally I decided I might as well share my own list so here it is:

Accepted:
    Arizona State University
    Texas A&M University
    University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
    Rutgers

Rejected:
    University of Illinois- Urbana Champagne

At this point I'm waiting to hear back about financial aid from Michigan and Rutgers and I think I'm going to be choosing between the two looking at the amount I'll have to pay. Hopefully I'll get a decent aid package from atleast one of them.

MIT

Grad cafe indicates acceptances are rolling out. Anybody have any word? I keep looking at my phone and hoping I accidentally had it on silent

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011

UNC Financial Aid

UNC's main financial aid department only deals with need-based aid based off your FAFSA. Merit aid (what we are all waiting for) comes from the planning department. I haven't heard anything from them.

I also received the email from UNC and called to school to find out what the email concerned since there was no update to my aid package. The person with whom I spoke said that I will get those emails periodically whether there is no information available or not. The reason for me (and probably everyone else) is that I still needed to complete a tutorial on my loans (under "To Do List"). However, I do not need to complete this until I decide to attend UNC and take the loans.

Registered
    Oct 2011

Wait-list

Hey all,

I've been following the thread for about 2 weeks now and I wanted to know if anyone has gotten on the wait list for any program. Im on the wait-list for UCB and so far nothing from USC or UCLA , is anyone on the wait list boat or the silent one at ucla or usc?

Applied:
    USC
    UCLA
    Hunter

Wait-list
    Berkeley.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the UNC financial aid info. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon....

Registered
    Oct 2011

Washington - Accepted

Very excited about UW!

Still waiting on:
    UI - Chicago
    Portland State
    NYU

Anyone heard from these?

Quote Originally posted by jamin_planner View post
    Very excited about UW!

Still waiting on:
    UI - Chicago
    Portland State
    NYU

Anyone heard from these?
    No news from NYU or UIC on this front.

Registered
    Apr 2011
    Anybody not heard back from Cal Poly SLO yet?

Registered
    Feb 2012

MIT

Got the phone call last night!
    Super excited!!!! Waiting for the financial aid and official letter in the mail

Registered
    Mar 2012
    hey.

did anyone hear from NYU or UW yet? if so, how did they notify you? thanks

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally posted by Badger521 View post
    Anybody not heard back from Cal Poly SLO yet?
    I haven't heard anything yet.

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 131
    Last post: 10 Apr 2014, 2:44 PM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 4:13 PM
  3. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 6:59 PM
  4. Replies: 1966
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 3:45 PM