Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Resource to know about the profession

Registered
    Nov 2010

Resource to know about the profession

Hey, friends.

I am now considering possibility to get Masters in Urban Planning. I have read lots of threads about what this profession is (and what it is not as well), but this threads are mostly about some particular issues, not about the profession itself.

What I really wonder is if there is any course or resource that could make kind of induction into the profession. Main duties, typical tasks etc. Or, maybe, some people to speak/chat/mail with who could make such induction.

The thing is that I live in Moscow, Russia, so there are really no universities that I could visit in something like open doors day to talk with the teachers and professionals.

What would you suggest.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome to Cyburbia! Glad to have you. Start reading the forum. There is lots of information sprinkled about. In the United States our governing body is located at www.planning.org . They have a good deal of information about planning and our profession.

As for online courses, different U.S. universities offer these classes for their students, but that requires you to get into to college here or pay for credits. I am not aware of a free class about planning.

Good luck.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Hi there

Although this is my first post, I've read a lot, that is why I am looking for some external source

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. New best practices resource
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 13 Jun 2007, 6:37 PM
  2. EnergyStar resource?
    Environmental Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 06 Apr 2007, 1:32 PM
  3. Looking for listings resource
    Make No Small Plans