Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: Urban Planner looking for work

Sep 2011
    Montreal, Quebec

Urban Planner looking for work

I did a Master's in City and Regional Planning several years ago. After that, I had a 3-month internship in a municipal neighbourhood revitalization department, then I looked for planning jobs for 6 months, then I worked as a Planner I at a municipal planning department but I had to resign after only a few months, and for 1.5 years after that I worked as an urban planning consultant for a couple of firms (quite underpaid). After all that, two years ago, I started another Master's - this time in Environmental Impact Assessment, to broaden my planning-related skills and to increase the chance of getting jobs (and that program has an internship requirement, which I've already fulfilled). Now, I'm in the middle of writing a thesis for my second Master's, and I'm looking for planning or environmental jobs that fit my qualifications.

Jan 2005
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Not sure if you are joining just to try and get a job, or if you want to join our community. If it is the second, welcome; if it is the first, I would imagine you won't be around for too long.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!

Dec 2008
    Northern Utah
    Good luck with the thesis and the job search, and welcome from Utah! Hope we see you around on the forums.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 08 Mar 2010, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 25 Jan 2010, 4:23 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last post: 15 Aug 2009, 5:58 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 17 Jun 2009, 10:21 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 Jun 2005, 4:29 AM