Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Netherlands Summer abroad: Society, Environment, Transportation and Space, University of Groningen

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2011

Netherlands Summer abroad: Society, Environment, Transportation and Space, University of Groningen

I'm really thinking about applying to THIS 10-week summer program in the Netherlands. It fits perfectly with my career interests (environmental and transportation planning) and the low countries are beautiful places to visit.

My only problem is paying for it :P, probably going to have to go hunting for elusive scholarships.

I was wondering, do any of you guys (or someone you know) have any first-hand experience with this program? What do you think about it?

thanks!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2011
    My bad, it's 3.4-4 wks.

It costs around 1485Euro/2000US which includes "housing, all excursions, a used bicycle, as well as a number of meals."

Registered
    Sep 2011
    This looks extremely interesting. I'm going to be graduating from college, and I want to travel, so this could be a great way to start. I wonder if you have to be an undergrad to do this.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2011
    I don't you have to be a student for this, but if you are (at a partner university such as a UC) you get 10% off the fee, which is the number I posted.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2008
    Do it! This is actually a fairly affordable option. I participated in a study abroad in Brazil in 2006, which I really loved, but the overall trip was almost $7,000. The international experience is really rewarding and Amsterdam is a great place to study design.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2011
    Gonna put this on hold for now, fortunately the application is due some time around April. I'll tackle it once I turn in my grad school applications this December...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Guilt society vs shame society
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 29 Dec 2012, 6:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 18 May 2012, 2:48 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last post: 16 Feb 2007, 4:46 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 12 Aug 2005, 12:26 AM