Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: RE devolpment job outllook

Registered
    May 2013

RE devolpment job outllook

I am currently a sophomore at Temple with a major in Real Estate and im planning on getting a masters in RE Development but i was wondering how the market is for that. I want to work for a large firm dealing with corporate development. I dont want to open my own development business yet and the reason im getting a degree is to work for a firm. So my question is should i continue pursuing a degree in Real Estate development and will that lead to a good career out of college. Also what majors besides real estate would work to get into this line of business? Is there any large firms that house real estate developers?

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by sperri316 View post
    I am currently a sophomore at Temple with a major in Real Estate and im planning on getting a masters in RE Development but i was wondering how the market is for that. I want to work for a large firm dealing with corporate development. I dont want to open my own development business yet and the reason im getting a degree is to work for a firm. So my question is should i continue pursuing a degree in Real Estate development and will that lead to a good career out of college. Also what majors besides real estate would work to get into this line of business? Is there any large firms that house real estate developers?
    If you are a hot leggy blond you can get a communications degree and do business development for construction or engineering company.

It all depends on what you want to do in real estate. I know people with every type of background under the sun. Figure out which side of the process you want work on and head that way whether it be construction management, leasing, sales, BD of finance.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Mar 2004

Or.....

Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    If you are a hot leggy blond you can get a communications degree and do business development for construction or engineering company.

It all depends on what you want to do in real estate. I know people with every type of background under the sun. Figure out which side of the process you want work on and head that way whether it be construction management, leasing, sales, BD of finance.
    If she is a hot leggy blonde, she should consider pharmaceutical representative work.....they are ALWAYS in demand
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Aug 2001
    While I sense that the development business is improving, I have not seen a great deal of hiring yet. The developers are certainly not hiring consultants to perform best use analysis or market analysis. Site planning (mainly engineering) is still slow as the developers use up the existing inventory of approved lots. That also means there is not much need for approval facilitation. What you can say, though, is that things are not getting any worse.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

+ Reply to thread