Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: October pledge drive

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

October pledge drive

Here we go again. It's a new month; let's beat September's total of five new Cyburbian + members.

Support this message forum, which has been around for 17 years. And Dan, fearless leader.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I wish I could do more than just be a +, but I haven't had a job in over 4 years!

Registered
    May 2004

Sig line

What I added to mine will magically appear at the bottom of each of my posts throughout the site. Now I'll have to go add random comments to each thread so that everyone will be bombarded with this info.

Get me into the next clubbbbbbe level faster, too. Bonus!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    What I added to mine will magically appear at the bottom of each of my posts throughout the site. Now I'll have to go add random comments to each thread so that everyone will be bombarded with this info.

Get me into the next clubbbbbbe level faster, too. Bonus!
    So starting October 6: 26 Although I need to ask about that number, because it seems that Mods are not added to that number...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Ok, I finally did it.

After letting August and September slip by, I finally did it. I've been a long time lurker who has wanted to jump in and become more active, but my reserved, introverted nature has held me back. I'm not sure that becoming a + member will change anything, but I wanted to show my support for the site.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by ctownpg View post
    After letting August and September slip by, I finally did it. I've been a long time lurker who has wanted to jump in and become more active, but my reserved, introverted nature has held me back. I'm not sure that becoming a + member will change anything, but I wanted to show my support for the site.
    Nice. Thanks ctownpg!
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    May 2005
    I love you Hink and Veloise. But if this site is subjecting itself to "pledge drives", then it's in serious trouble.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I love you Hink and Veloise. But if this site is subjecting itself to "pledge drives", then it's in serious trouble.
    Personally, I get a lot out of the site, and if we need to get a couple bucks to keep it alive, I will probably sell a small dog.

We are looking at doing a lot of different things. If you value the site, but don't want to give money - I get that. But please at least throw out ideas for ways to help right the ship. We all just assume that this place will exist - unfortunately we don't pay the bills for it to be here.

Any thoughts would be great.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2004
    Hink started the monthly pledge drives in August. I re-upped in September. Dan had a memorable evening a couple days ago and that's when I modified my sigline.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    October 11: 28

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post

We are just trying to help Dan out a little. He pays the bills that allow us to play out of his personal finances. Sure he gets a buck or two from the ads, but hey, it's not too much to ask to pony up a few bucks now and then. Speaking of ads, have you clicked yours today?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    October 17: 28

No gain from last week.... come on people....
    • 698 active members
    • 3,700 guests in the last 24 hours
    • 178 people online at this moment...

It is 3 cups of coffee for a year. I am sure we can all agree that this is worth that...

Just go here for more information... www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33613

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    We are just trying to help Dan out a little. He pays the bills that allow us to play out of his personal finances. Sure he gets a buck or two from the ads, but hey, it's not too much to ask to pony up a few bucks now and then. Speaking of ads, have you clicked yours today?
    Earn your associate degree from the Ohio State ATI landscape program

Uh, no!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. January 2012 - Pledge Drive
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 11 Jan 2012, 11:11 AM
  2. November pledge drive
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 01 Nov 2011, 11:47 PM