This thread will be regularly updated by Cyburbia staff whenever a user is suspended or banned. Notices of suspensions will be removed after the suspension period is over. We won't be posting notices of bannings for drive-by spamming, suspicious or fraudulent profiles, and the like.
Suspension is at the discretion of message board moderators and administrators. but it's usually for the following reasons:
- Image leeching.
- Requesting or offering free copies of otherwise copyrighted material that its creator or author is otherwise selling.
- Bad email address - usually vBulletin-generated messages (thread subscription, private message and birthday notifications) that bounce because the user's registered email address no longer exists or is over quota. The accounts of new users who signed up with invalid email addresses will be deleted without notice.
- Challenge/response e-mail blocking - usually vBulletin-generated messages that are bounced, with an additional "click here and type the text in the captcha image to be added to the user's approved sender list"-type message.
- To give a time-out period in response to persistent rule violations or acting like a jerk.
- Major rule violations that don't necessarily warrant banning.
Banning is also at the discretion of message board moderators and administrators. Users are most often banned for advertising/spam and other non-planning-related drive-by posts that are not intended to foster discussion, but rather make an announcement. Posts from new users, whose motives are not entirely known, are looked at more critically than those of established users. New users posting messages that exhibit signs of Internet kookery — conspiracy and tinfoil hat theories, rambling and often incoherent prose, and so on — may also be banned.
The Cyburbia Forums rules are posted in the Cyburbia Issues and Help forum.
Registration from IP addresses in Bangladesh, Belarus, China, India, Moldova, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Vietnam, and Ukraine is not permitted.
Discuss suspensions and bans in this linked thread.