• Other - Please explain

4 40.00%
Multiple choice poll
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fantasy Football 2012 - Poll

Registered
    Jan 2005

Fantasy Football 2012 - Poll

So half way through this year what say you about next year? I have attached a poll to better understand your view

Hopefully we can come to agreement about what we are going to do next year and we can be ready to go in the Fall...

Pick the size, what type of year to year league you like best, and how drafting works...

-------------------

Also, if you don't want to have a keeper league, just pick Other and explain below...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I actually think that inactivity should eliminate your team from next year and we can cut down to 16 teams or so, depending. There are at least 4 teams that have made no waiver moves and continue to play IR/O/D/P players each week.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    I actually think that inactivity should eliminate your team from next year and we can cut down to 16 teams or so, depending. There are at least 4 teams that have made no waiver moves and continue to play IR/O/D/P players each week.
    Totally agree with this. Though if we applied this logic to the Cyburbia Fantasy Baseball League I would be eliminated from participating next year...even though I won the Championship

Not a fan of the promotion/relegation system for fantasy football as there is too much chance at play within this game. And how would you manage keepers if the two divisions picked from separate pools of people?

I think the way the system worked last up until this year was fine. Two separate divisions, with a final head to head CFFL championship game.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    Not a fan of the promotion/relegation system for fantasy football as there is too much chance at play within this game. And how would you manage keepers if the two divisions picked from separate pools of people?
    There wouldn't be keepers. You would draft live each year.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Nov 2009
    A 16 team league would really need to be the max as you're up against not having enough QBs available to cover bye weeks since the NFL has only 32 teams. Rosters should be limited to no more than 2 QBs as well. I lucked out winning without a QB available to cover my bye week.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I'd like to move to a new provider that would allow each division a separate player pool. I don't think keepers will be fair since many of us do not have anyone of any quality to keep. If we keep the divisions to less than 12 there should be enough players to make it work.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I've been lazy about it. Sorry. First year in FF, and I'm not quite sure about what to do, especially considering I don't really follow regular pro football that much. With the Cyburbia reconstruction, I'll have less time to spare for the Ithaca Kind. What do I need to do?
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I'd like to move to a new provider that would allow each division a separate player pool. I don't think keepers will be fair since many of us do not have anyone of any quality to keep. If we keep the divisions to less than 12 there should be enough players to make it work.
    I agree. I just want to somehow assure that we can play a super bowl within the league without having to hand score the last game...

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I'm in a 12 person ESPN league now. The amount of players to pick on waivers is low but not garbage. QBs are the hardest to find on bye weeks but almost everyone has 2 on their roster. I hate ESPNs scoring however.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I agree with many of the previous posts particularly the comments concerning team owners that have not taken the time to adjust their rosters. C'mon man!! (Dan, you are pardoned!) It has been brutal playing with 20 teams but it has been kind of fun, too. Definitely different strategies at play in this league. How I have won 10 in a row starting the likes of Deji Karim and Jason Hill, I will never know. I should rename my team to the Pac NW Aaron Rodgers. In the Cyburbia yahoo leagues, QB play has always been huge and this year is no different. I was very fortunate that Rodgers was still around for me with the eighth pick in the draft.

Hey Urbane, we can't limit rosters to only two QB's. I had to keep McNabb and Ponder on my bench for the first half of the year not knowing who would be starting during Rodgers' bye week. Sure enough, Ponder got his first start the week of Rodgers' bye and his points helped me get the W. As you know, there are nooooooo QB's available. I almost didn't have a kicker to start the year, either (I drafted three kickers; none of whom were starters). I suppose this might be a non-issue if we don't have such a deep league next year but I've never been a fan of limiting roster spots.

Fun year overall, though. I look forward to crushing the Ironheads in the playoffs since I never got my chance in the regular season!

-The Plank

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Let's switch to a provider that allows 2 Divisions with separate Player Pools.

The draft works fine on a round based thread. We just have to start earlier.

Auto draft SUCKS. I wasn't even given the # 20 QB in the auto draft.

Also, Maybe there should be some kind of consideration that a team can only have 1 QB on a roster except during the bye week.

I am looking forward to playing again this year.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post
    Let's switch to a provider that allows 2 Divisions with separate Player Pools.

The draft works fine on a round based thread. We just have to start earlier.

Auto draft SUCKS. I wasn't even given the # 20 QB in the auto draft.

Also, Maybe there should be some kind of consideration that a team can only have 1 QB on a roster except during the bye week.

I am looking forward to playing again this year.

The 20 teams with the same player pool was the killer. I'm sure we can find a free provider that will have the divisions with separate player pools.

Most providers will let set maximum roster spots per position. One Quarterback is probably too restrictive though.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Why not do two leagues. The first league is for the serious FF player with the draft on Cyburbia with keepers like it has always existed. The second is a casual league where the draft occurs through Yahoo and you can show up for the online draft or auto pick. Limit each to 12 teams and if someone wants to have a team in each league then they can. Open the slots to those that played last year first and if anyone else wants in then open it up to the world.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Count me out. Without money on the line, I just didn't have the motivation to stay as active as I should have last season.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    Why not do two leagues. The first league is for the serious FF player with the draft on Cyburbia with keepers like it has always existed. The second is a casual league where the draft occurs through Yahoo and you can show up for the online draft or auto pick. Limit each to 12 teams and if someone wants to have a team in each league then they can. Open the slots to those that played last year first and if anyone else wants in then open it up to the world.
    The problem is that we have a semi interested group. There are enough to get to 12, but then some might be left out who would still like to play. Last year we pushed to get 20 and 3-4 of those people never actually played.

I think we need to decide sooner than August this year, so we can actually do a draft ahead of time if that is the direction we go.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Last year really sucked. No more autodrafts please.

I'm for a live draft but not keepers.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    It seems to me we had 16 viable teams last year. Four teams really didn't compete so they're out.

16 teams would be great to divide into four divisions. I missed not being able to beat up on mastiff last year and as fellow Oregonians we should definitely be in the same division. I know we have folks in the southeast that should be grouped together as well as some Canadians. Let's try to get some rivalries going and up the competitive spirit. Heck, we could all throw in five bucks and mail the winner $80. It'd be just like our snail-draft. Every few days, bam!, a five-spot arrives in the mail for you; how nice!

I agree 100% that the auto-draft is no good. Let's try to get the Viking-rule draft started by August 1, give or take. This has always been a deep league, plus we play lots of IDP's, so I have no problem with 16 teams.

It's still Spring and I'm chiming in on FF. I need professional help!

I hope we keep our league going getting back to some of the basics that make it a great league.

I don't favor keepers. They're okay but I like shaking things up every year.

Okay, that's my $0.02.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Yahoo opened their doors to leagues on Wednesday!

What would it cost to play on a platform (NFL, ESPN, etc.) that would allow the formation of 4 conference (North, South, East, West)?

Screw yahoo if they won't let us do it.

We could start drafting 2 weeks after some of the better draft guides start coming out.

Registered
    Mar 2004

I'm in.....

Count me in this year for whatever you all decide to do......
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I can find plenty of providers that do divisions, but none that will allow drafting from two player pools. Plenty of talk in the forums about it, but the providers think it's a dumb idea to have the same players in separate divisions. Feel free to look around, but I have not had any success. NFL.com allows four divisions but they all draft from the same pool. Seems the only choice is keeping the number of teams reasonable (12 or less), our doing two leagues and hand scoring the superbowl like we have done in he past.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 2003
    ....... doing two leagues and hand scoring the superbowl like we have done in he past.

There is our answer right there.

I have done the commissioner's work on two small leagues for 2 years now. I can help if it is needed.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I can help out as well.

I am fine with whatever we do but we should think about getting something rolling soon. Go Lions!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So what options do we have....

-Yahoo!
    -ESPN
    -CBS
    -Fox Sports

-We want two leagues with 8 or 10 in each?
    -We would like to be able to have the top two in each league play in a championship tournament to find the winner.
    -Each league would get their own pool of players (i.e. two Brett Favres...)

Anyone have any opinions?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    So what options do we have....

-Yahoo!
    -ESPN
    -CBS
    -Fox Sports

-We want two leagues with 8 or 10 in each?
    -We would like to be able to have the top two in each league play in a championship tournament to find the winner.
    -Each league would get their own pool of players (i.e. two Brett Favres...)

Anyone have any opinions?
    I think Yahoo has been working out ok.

Two ten team leagues seems like the winner (if we have enough interest). And I agree that each league needs its own pool of players.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Cyburbia Fantasy Football 2012
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Aug 2012, 8:52 PM
  2. Fantasy Football
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Jul 2010, 8:06 PM
  3. Fantasy Football Questions
    Fantasy Football