Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Vacation Starts Tomorrow!!

Registered
    Aug 2004

Vacation Starts Tomorrow!!

I'm off for a second trip to London!

Last time I did alot of things in the City: Hyde and Kensington Parks, St. Paul's, Westminster, The Tower, Hampton Court, several museums, got lost in Kensington, did most of The Queen's Walk along the Thames, strolled across Tower Bridge, and generally spent my time walking around the city. It was so cold towards the end of my trip that I didn't go out the last three evenings.

This time I'm spending 3 days out of the city: 1 day each in Bath, York, and a tour of the west counties (includes Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor). One day for the repeats (St. Paul's, British Museum) and some evening tours (pub crawls, etc). Right now I have one day "free" for wandering around. I plan to hit a couple of parks that I didn't get to last time, and a repeat shopping trip to the first floor of Fortnum & Mason's is a must! I booked an art deco architecture walking tour, which is lead by an architect.

Next week my posting will be few and far between. I'm in the upcoming beer exchange, but my person will have to wait until I get back.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    I'm off for a second trip to London!

Last time I did alot of things in the City: Hyde and Kensington Parks, St. Paul's, Westminster, The Tower, Hampton Court, several museums, got lost in Kensington, did most of The Queen's Walk along the Thames, strolled across Tower Bridge, and generally spent my time walking around the city. It was so cold towards the end of my trip that I didn't go out the last three evenings.

This time I'm spending 3 days out of the city: 1 day each in Bath, York, and a tour of the west counties (includes Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor). One day for the repeats (St. Paul's, British Museum) and some evening tours (pub crawls, etc). Right now I have one day "free" for wandering around. I plan to hit a couple of parks that I didn't get to last time, and a repeat shopping trip to the first floor of Fortnum & Mason's is a must! I booked an art deco architecture walking tour, which is lead by an architect.

Next week my posting will be few and far between. I'm in the upcoming beer exchange, but my person will have to wait until I get back.
    Congrats-sounds like fun-enjoy
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Wow, that does sound like an interesting trip. Have fun, Salmissra!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I'm envious!

Have a great time and several pints for me.

Both Tottenham & Chelsea have home fixtures on Sunday.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Ooh, the art deco walking tour sounds fun! I look forward to seeing your pictures!

My sister recently returned from a 3-week visit to London, where she stayed with a friend. Three weeks! Darn state workers and their benefits...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Have a wonderful time! It sounds like you have lots of wonderful things planned.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I loved Bath! Of course I was there in 1973 but still.... I should dig up my photos of my dad and me there. I thought it was a really interesting city center and the tour of the baths was great. Stonehenge... well, it was great but you could still go into the circle which I guess isn't done any more. It's absolutely amazing for anyone who has any interest at all in archaeology. Hope you will post pics as you go.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Definitely sounds like fun! Have a great time!
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 13 Oct 2012, 11:32 AM
  2. Tomorrow is 08-08-08
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 08 Aug 2008, 4:21 PM
  3. We draft tomorrow! 8:00 EST
    Fantasy Football