Cyburbia recently added a new usergroup called "Cyburbian Plus". For US$20 a year (US$1.67 a month!), Cyburbian Plus members help support the site while gaining added features and privileges, including:
- Private message capacity: 500, plus tracking and ability to send private messages to accounts that are over quota.
(200 for free accounts with 25 and more posts, none for those with less than 25 posts.)
- Custom title
(Default "Cyburbian" title for free accounts with 25 and more posts, "Member" for those with less than 25 posts.)
- Peer Review subforum: share and solicit opinions on plans or codes that you are writing.
(No access to the Peer Review subforum for free accounts.)
- Inline image and document uploading
(No inline image or document uploading for free accounts, although those with 25 or more posts may still upload images to the Gallery.)
- Personal image album in the Gallery; hotlink images from the personal gallery into Forums posts
(No access to the Personal image album for free accounts.)
- Signature image (maximum 500X100 pixels) and more control over signature typeface, font size, and configuration of signatures
(Free accounts cannot include images in signatures.)
- Avatar maximum size: 80x80 pixels, 5000 kB
(80x80 pixel 3000 kB avatar for free accounts with 25 and more posts, no avatar for those with less than 25 posts.)
- Cyburbian Plus badge in posts (when available in a few days; right now, it's just a plus sign)
- Other cool stuff that we might throw in later, when vBulletin 3.7 is available.
Any validated user, regardless of post count, can upgrade to Cyburbian Plus by visiting their control panel, selecting Paid subscriptions, and following the instructions. Payment can be made using a credit card or a PayPal account. All subscriptions are for one full year.
By becoming a paying member, you will automatically receive future account enhancements based on your status. Many new features are planned that will only be available to those with Cyburbian Plus accounts.
Free accounts (25 posts and more) have not been crippled; they still have far more features and privileges than what is seen on most other message boards. However, we removed custom titles and inline image attachments. Free Cyburbians can still use the [ img ] tag and the Gallery, though.
Cyburbia will not adopt a pay-to-register or pay-to-post mode, and there is no obligation fpr users to pay for Cyburbian Plus membership. Voluntary donations for enhanced features and privileges is just one of the ways we are working to ensure Cyburbia has a sustainable source of revenue, so it can survive and thrive in the future.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints, please make a post in this thread or send me a PM. (To avoid conflicts with my full-time job, I won't be able to answer questions on weekdays between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM EDT.) Thanks for your continued support of Cyburbia!