Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    hink - your Reds just signed Dusty to a 2 year extension. Order more toothpicks!
    Which pains me to no end. Not a fan. If he gets us to the playoffs and wins a series I will change my mind. Until then, just enjoy the best team to not win a playoff series in 15 years... Ugh.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2005
    I'm trying hard not to get too pumped about the Tigers being up 2-0. Things go the other way very quickly in the playoffs.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I love how empty Yankee stadium has been this postseason with thousands of empty seats each game. Yankee fans are such front-runners it's ridiculous..

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I'm trying hard not to get too pumped about the Tigers being up 2-0. Things go the other way very quickly in the playoffs.
    I know that all too well......
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Nice win by the Giants last night but what a dirty play by Matt Holliday. He passed the bag and then went into his slide, what kind of b.s. is that. Should've been ejected and suspended for one game IMO.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Nice win by the Giants last night but what a dirty play by Matt Holliday. He passed the bag and then went into his slide, what kind of b.s. is that. Should've been ejected and suspended for one game IMO.
    He admitted in the postgame interview he should have started his slide eariler. I'm sure he'll get plunked before the NLCS is over.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2005
    He admitted in the postgame interview he should have started his slide eariler. I'm sure he'll get plunked before the NLCS is over.
    This is one of the many reasons why I love baseball.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    He made up for it in the outfield.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    It will be interesting to see what the Detroit Tigers do during the off-season.
    My SWAG is that the Tigers will be the favorites to win the division.

Bear
    More than just the division the Tigers are in the World Series. The Bear knew.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    The yankmees ahd the second LOWEST batting average for a postseason series in the modern era.

Never lead in 4 games.
    Scored in only 4 innings in 4 games (2 of the games in the 9th)
    WOW

Although I'm a Natl. League guy, I'm rooting for the TIgers to win it all (for the BEAR).
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    The yankmees ahd the second LOWEST batting average for a postseason series in the modern era.

Never lead in 4 games.
    Scored in only 4 innings in 4 games (2 of the games in the 9th)
    WOW
    Ah, schadenfreude...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Delmon Young had as many RBIs as the Yankees had runs.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Yes, it's a great day in baseball when the Yankmees tank when it counts. Looks like a Great Lakes/Midwest WS. Seileg must be going bonkers......
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Yes, it's a great day in baseball when the Yankmees tank when it counts. Looks like a Great Lakes/Midwest WS. Seileg must be going bonkers......
    Selig will introduce a Midwest elimination playoff to ensure that there is always a left or right coast team in the WS.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Selig will introduce a Midwest elimination playoff to ensure that there is always a left or right coast team in the WS.
    He'll shoot himself in the foot and end up with an Orioles/Mariners World Series.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Actually I think a MW series will be great - first of all good baseball and secondly decent TV times that actually coordinate well with local scheduled game times.

Now if we can just get rid of McCarver!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Somebody needs to show the Giants Hector Sanchez his job description: he's a catcher. One of the minimum qualifications for that job is to "catch" the ball.

That meat is grabbing pine tonight.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    ...and in the 14th inning he will declare a tie and declare the Yankees the winner.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Congratulations to the SFGiants on curb-smacking my Cardinals. I will, however, be rooting for the Tigers of Motown to pull one out for the Bear.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    This is one of the many reasons why I love baseball.
    ..and Holliday got plunked in the 5th inning last night - the game & series were over and the timing was right.

Nice comeback from the BayBoys over the Archers.

I found my Toledo MudHens cap, so I'll be wearing it for the Bear during the WS.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Congratulations to the SFGiants on curb-smacking my Cardinals.:
    And thanks to the Giants for keeping the fifth-best team in the NL from advancing to the World Series. The wild card is an abomination (and, yes, I know my beloved Braves were a wild card team this season)...Bud Selig is quite possibly the worst thing ever in regards to baseball. Seriously - MLB teams play 162 freaking games, but you've established a system that would allow a team that not only did not win its division, but wan't even the best team not to win a division, to get within a game of the World Series? Shameful.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Hopefully Leyland's strategy of letting the Giants tire themselves out by running around the bases so often last night pays off for the Tigers for the rest of the series.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Hopefully Leyland's strategy of letting the Giants tire themselves out by running around the bases so often last night pays off for the Tigers for the rest of the series.
    To be honest, I saw this coming. Maybe not as dramatic as it was. But I could just feel Verlander getting jinxed by all the talk about him and the Tigers. I was hoping for a split in SF, so that's still possible.

But really though, this is how the Tigers' season has gone all year, back and forth.

They win the first two against the A's, then lose two, then win one with their backs against the wall. Then they play great for 4 games against the Yanks, then come back with a stinker. I can only hope our season ends with one of their upswings.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I think the 5 days off for the Tigers hurt them more than was thought.

The Giants, coming off their 7 game run, are on an emotional high.

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 22 Nov 2010, 11:25 AM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 11:02 AM
  3. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 251
    Last post: 28 Oct 2008, 11:30 AM
  5. Replies: 338