+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Nice start Tigers...
    Agreed.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    It must suck to be a Brave's fan. My condolences.
    1 - 4 now - things are looking up.

Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Oh Bubba, just noticed your location; that's good stuff.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yepper, Six strikeouts in the last two innings by the Brewers' bullpen at Wrigley on Wednesday.

Mike

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920 View post

Yepper, Six strikeouts in the last two innings by the Brewers' bullpen at Wrigley on Wednesday.

Mike
    Nice to have the drugger still on the team instead of having to sit out the 50 games like he should be.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Happy 100th birthday Fenway Park!

BOSTON — One hundred years ago today, members of the Boston Red Sox and New York Highlanders were thrilled to take the field in their brand new wool uniforms, playing before thousands of spectators seated in a gleaming new $650,000 stadium that was adorned with wide, clean seats.

Drinking their nickel beers, the fans were tickled at the opportunity to patronize a first-class facility, Fenway Park, for the first time.

One hundred years to the minute later, at 3:05 p.m. today, the same teams — the Highlanders became the Yankees — will go at it again, and the fans’ ancestors will be reliving a dream.

They’ll be squeezing into many of the same old seats, only this time they’re far too narrow, way too cramped. They’ll be dealing with the same sightlines and the obstructed views, which in 1912 were accepted but today are from a bygone era. They’ll walk over dirty concrete, use dingy old rest rooms and wind their way through all the nooks and crannies that now place Fenway on the National Register of Historic Places.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Where's the love for the Rangers? They can't stay this hot all season but I'm enjoying it now!
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Interesting list -

Humber becomes the latest one-time Mets pitcher who went on to throw a no-hitter elsewhere, a group that includes Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Gooden and David Cone. New York has never had a no-hitter in its 51-year history.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...d6edcf652e6405
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Where's the love for the Rangers? They can't stay this hot all season but I'm enjoying it now!
    The Rangers look like a juggernaut this season.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    After their game on Saturday* I bet the Sawx were glad the Sunday game was rained out.

*Up 9-0 early and ended up loosing.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    The Rangers look like a juggernaut this season.
    Their offense is just downright phenomenal. That being said, they did have a very crucial 11th inning bad call go their way yesterday.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Their offense is just downright phenomenal. That being said, they did have a very crucial 11th inning bad call go their way yesterday.
    The Rangers have good bats, but outside of Schlereth and Porcello, the Tigers actually pitched fairly well. They're just so cold offensively right now.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The Red Sox bullpen is a dumpster fire right now. I'm actually glad we played the Tigers, Yankees, and Rangers already this season so we won't be under any illusions our relief pitching could hold up as presently constituted.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Went and saw Atlanta beat the D'Backs this weekend, always great to the Braves win on the road.

I have a theory that over the past 7 years has held true. At any professional baseball game there is someone in the satium wearing Red Sox gear. Has anyone else noticed that? Of course when Bobby Valentine runs the Sox into the ground my theory might not hold.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    The Rangers have good bats, but outside of Schlereth and Porcello, the Tigers actually pitched fairly well. They're just so cold offensively right now.
    I stopped for coffee on my way to work Friday morning and saw Dave Dombrowski reading the paper and drinking coffee. He was laughing audibly at something.... I like to think that he was laughing maniacally because he knew Daniel "Take Your Base" Schlereth would be having dinner at Tony Packo's by the end of the series.

Regarding Porcello's meltdown - I think Leyland should have left him in all 9 innings. Not so much to save the bullpen for the second game of the DH, but just out of spite. On the bright side, Below looked pretty good when he came in. He is shaping up to be a pretty good middle reliever. I've also been really surprised with how well Smyly has done so far.

Every team eventually hits an offensive slump, I'm hoping we are getting ours out of the way in April.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jul 2006
    NEW YORK -- Detroit Tigers left fielder Delmon Young has been arrested on a hate-crime harassment charge after police say he attacked a group of men and yelled anti-Semitic epithets.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...harge-new-york

Registered
    Mar 2007
    NEW YORK -- Detroit Tigers left fielder Delmon Young has been arrested on a hate-crime harassment charge after police say he attacked a group of men and yelled anti-Semitic epithets.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...harge-new-york
    I didn't even know the Tigers had a game early this morning. It's nice to see Young get a hit though.

In all seriousness, he has some great offensive potential but he is about as useful defensively as a mailbox post. I was hoping he would be gone from the Tigers before the All Star break because he seemed like some potential trade bait and his unwillingness to play regular DH here made him an odd fit in the lineup, in my opinion. Now though, it looks like this guy, who has been a continual clubhouse cancer might just have ended his career if things are as serious as they are being reported. I am not exactly sure how contracts in baseball work but I doubt the Tigers would get any good trades for him now until after his suspension and maybe it would be worth it to just drop him from the roster. A fine upstanding citizen, just like his brother Dimitri...

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Last night Braves v. phils game was a roler coaster of a game. Chipper took care of ending it in the 11th with a walkoff!

Jared Weaver no-hit the twinkies too.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Bryce Harper's first stolen base was home!
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Orioles first baseman Chris DaviS' performance in the 17 inning game win over the Soxs
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...,3431605.story

Chris Davis has a day for the ages
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/s...l-time-classic
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The Orioles are playing so well right now, it's a shame they could only draw 12k tonight vs. Texas.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The Orioles are playing so well right now, it's a shame they could only draw 12k tonight vs. Texas.
    Which is funny how tough it is for teams to get fans at the games anymore. High prices for tickets, food, and drinks. Prima donna players who get paid way too much. And HDTV which allows you to sit in your living room for free.

Pro sports are going to be looking at a pretty interesting crossroads soon. Cut players bloated salaries and the costs to the fans, or hope that fans stick around or at least watch them on TV. Personally, I don't even watch NBA, MLB, or NHL on TV for one reason or another. I think those sports are going to be getting tighter and tighter in terms of money coming in....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I think a lot of those people were Southwest Airlines people who work in Baltimore and came to see the Rangers. BTW, I really enjoyed watching the Orioles throw batting practice to the Rangers in the 9th inning.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think a lot of those people were Southwest Airlines people who work in Baltimore and came to see the Rangers. BTW, I really enjoyed watching the Orioles throw batting practice to the Rangers in the 9th inning.
    You're probably right about Rangers fans filling a good share of the seats. Red Sox fans also love to take advantage of the Southwest specials to Baltimore and invade Camden Yards.

Hink's right about declining attendance across the board. I don't see how some of these franchises can survive without putting more people in the seats. Oakland had a game in the first week of the season that drew like 3,000 or so.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    You're probably right about Rangers fans filling a good share of the seats. Red Sox fans also love to take advantage of the Southwest specials to Baltimore and invade Camden Yards.
    The are a ton of Red Sox fans in the DC area...probably do the fact the New Englanders run this country.

I went to a Nationals/Dodgers game and saw more REd Sox hats than I did Nationals.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    How about Josh Hamilton last night? WOW

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 22 Nov 2010, 12:25 PM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 12:28 PM