+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    How about Josh Hamilton last night? WOW
    Quite a performance. Had more total bases in one game than Albert had in 2 weeks.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    How about Josh Hamilton last night? WOW
    Yea the Hamilton for Volquez trade was worth it.... damn Reds....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

I predict.................

..............The Red Sox sold out games series will end during June.................

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by johnelsden View post
    ..............The Red Sox sold out games series will end during June.................
    Someone offered me tickets the other day and my response was: "No thanks, I'd rather watch those bums at home on tv so I can turn them off as I see fit"

Someone offered me tickets the other day and my response was: "No thanks, I'd rather watch those bums at home on tv so I can turn them off as I see fit"
    Exactly..............'course I'm here in Texas and don't have the choice..............but single tickets have not been available excspt thru resellers fot the past 8 years...........

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Interesting article: Why Wrigley Field Must Be Destroyed

Openning sentence:
    Having not won a World Series since 1908, and having last appeared on that stage in 1945—a war year in which the professional leagues were still populated by has-beens and freaks—
    the Chicago Cubs must contemplate the only solution that might restore the team to glory:
    Tear down Wrigley Field.
    what a solution ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Interesting article: Why Wrigley Field Must Be Destroyed

Openning sentence:

what a solution ?
    I found the article funny. However I don't accept that you cannot build a team to win consistently in Wrigley and he discounts all of the inept ownership groups that have tried and failed to build a winner. Then again, when you are a profit seeking entity and you are making money losing then why spend more to win unless it has a substainical impact on the bottom line. They are the 4th highest valued team in baseball the 3rd most profitable according to Forbes.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Why can't baseball players play through injuries like other professional athletes? It really bothers me that some of these guys (cough, Red Sox outfield, cough) can't suck it up and stay on the field

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

End Of The Meow?

Finally. Finally the Detroit Tigers won back-to-back games, a feat not accomplished since mid-April. Maybe they are over the hump and will get back to the kind of baseball they played in the second half of 2011. Sure hope so. Likely they play in the AL Central.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    With an understandable fear of it all coming crashing down...

Reds....

First in the NL Central...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Braves top 3 hitters out of the lineup = 8 straight loses
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Braves top 3 hitters out of the lineup = 8 straight loses
    The current lousy pitching isn't helping...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    The current lousy pitching isn't helping...
    I think its the pitchng more than the hitting. Can anyone explain why Mike Minor is still on the big league roster? He has not won a game or had a quality start since April 24th against the Dodgers.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I think its the pitchng more than the hitting. Can anyone explain why Mike Minor is still on the big league roster? He has not won a game or had a quality start since April 24th against the Dodgers.
    Jurrjens is showing signs of life at AAA, and there are some rumblings that Medlin might be sent down for a couple of weeks to stretch his arm out for a move back into the starting rotation.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The Sox brought Verlander back to earth last night, but you could tell they had some lucky swings.

Registered
    May 2005
    The Sox brought Verlander back to earth last night, but you could tell they had some lucky swings.
    That 3-run double hurt.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

GO SOX!!!
    FIRST TIME THIS YEAR THEY ARE ONE GAME OVER .500!

Registered
    May 2005
    I'm glad the Summer Olympics are this summer, because I just don't see the Tigers making a run at the Division this year. I don't see them tanking necessarily, but unless the Sox and Tribe completely fall apart, it ain't gonna happen.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Nice start Tigers...
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Agreed.
    Remember those days?

I'm glad the Summer Olympics are this summer, because I just don't see the Tigers making a run at the Division this year. I don't see them tanking necessarily, but unless the Sox and Tribe completely fall apart, it ain't gonna happen.
    Defensively speaking, the Tigers are looking like one of the worse teams I can ever remember watching. I know we've been bugged by injuries to Jackson and both Laird and Avila but Boesch and Young have been horrendous on the field and Fielder hasn't been much better. I'm not counting them out for the playoffs yet though. ALC teams seem to be notorious for imploding in the summer over the past few years so anything is definitely possible (provided the Tigers are not the team doing the imploding).
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Matt Cain, pitcher for RJ's beloved Giants, threw the 22nd perfect game in MLB history and the first for the Giants (NY or SF).
    Congrats Matt!

Registered
    May 2005
    Matt Cain, pitcher for RJ's beloved Giants, threw the 22nd perfect game in MLB history and the first for the Giants (NY or SF).
    Congrats Matt!
    No-hitters/perfect games are becoming what home runs were 10 years ago.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    No-hitters/perfect games are becoming what home runs were 10 years ago.
    It sure seems that way sometimes. I wonder if it has anything to do with less players taking steroids and the subsequent decline in home runs and power hitters?

(I know the stats say otherwise though and the no-hitters and perfect games are really not any more prevalent than they were in the past)
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Congrats Matt!
    My eldest son left me a voice mail after the game...he was there. "I'm leave the ballpark, Dad. I saw Cain's perfect game!!"
    And Raf sent me a text message, "Hey old man. Get your ass out of bed... We are three outs from history...."
    Yes, I was sleeping.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Go Tigers!

Too soon to count the Tigers out.....yet. Despite playing some pretty bad baseball they are only 5 games out and the season is not yet half over. Detroit has the second-best record in the majors for inter-league play (over the years). They just completed a pair of 2-1 series wins against Cincinnati and Chicago. The games in Chicago seemed like Tiger home games. Thousands of Tiger fans stormed Wrigley for the 3-game series. The result? The biggest regular-season 3-game series attendance in Wrigley Field history. Amazing! My guess is a ton of those very loud Tiger fans motored from western Michigan, not too far from Chicago's north side. Go Tigers!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Too soon to count the Tigers out.....yet. Despite playing some pretty bad baseball they are only 5 games out and the season is not yet half over. Detroit has the second-best record in the majors for inter-league play (over the years). They just completed a pair of 2-1 series wins against Cincinnati and Chicago. The games in Chicago seemed like Tiger home games. Thousands of Tiger fans stormed Wrigley for the 3-game series. The result? The biggest regular-season 3-game series attendance in Wrigley Field history. Amazing! My guess is a ton of those very loud Tiger fans motored from western Michigan, not too far from Chicago's north side. Go Tigers!

Bear
    I have a few friends from the Detroit area who drove out for one or more of those games and a few friends who now live in Chicagoland who put on their Tiger gear and went to a game as well. It was indeed crazy to see how many Tiger fans were there. It seemed like Tiger pitchers were getting louder cheers for strikeouts than anybody on the Cubs was getting.

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 22 Nov 2010, 12:25 PM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 12:28 PM
  4. Replies: 251
    Last post: 28 Oct 2008, 12:30 PM
  5. Replies: 338