Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I like to think he was just trying to get pulled halfway through the first so he can get even more rest during the All Star break.
    Or to spend more time with Kate Upton.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Or to spend more time with Kate Upton.
    Apparently they were also hanging out together at Starbucks in Clarkston this past weekend... I know which direction I am headed for lunch next time they are in town for a home stand.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Baseball Cards

Anybody catch the news about the Defiance, OH, gent who found the incredible baseball card collection in the attic? Said to be the "most impressive ever" collection of MINT cards, some more than 100 years old. This find is worth about a half-million bucks.....and he is sharing the mula with his cousins. Defiance, OH, is just a short hop from my Swanton home, here in beautiful (and dry) NW Ohio.

Bear - Go Tigers!
    Occupy Cyburbia!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Drive the last nail into the coffin of the Giants post-season chances. I don't think you'll be signed to a long-term contract, Melky.

http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2012/0...ames-for-peds/

Asshole.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Reds....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Drive the last nail into the coffin of the Giants post-season chances. I don't think you'll be signed to a long-term contract, Melky.

http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2012/0...ames-for-peds/

Asshole.
    "Medicore" Melky Cabera has a career year...its shocking it was PED induced.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The Red Sox are an embarrassment. I'm just going to pretend this season never happened.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    I don't think you'll be signed to a long-term contract, Melky.[/url]

Asshole.
    Welcome to what the rest of the league already knew. When he was acting like the jerk he is during the Giants last visit to Atlanta, a few Braves players (when asked by the media) basically said that's a big reason why he lasted all of one season in Atlanta.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    The Red Sox are an embarrassment. I'm just going to pretend this season never happened.
    I stopped watching (and caring) about a month ago.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Felix Hernandez (Seattle Mariners) threw a perfect game yesterday against the Rays. The Rays pitcher wasn't too shaby either, but its hard to win a 1-0 game against a pitcher throwing a no-no, much less a perfect game. Since 2009, the Rays have been no-noed 4 times.

I did not shed a tear for Melky...I laughed out loud when the news broke. Nobody liked him in ATL.I think Drayton brought Melky from the Braves to the Royals last year as a favor to his former team.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    For the last month or so the White Sox have held a slight lead over the Detroit Tigers, in the chase for the AL Central pennant. Even if the Tigers catch and pass the Pale Hose (or win a wild card spot) I think it is unlikely for them to advance to the World Series. Texas and Boston have our number and it would be likely that we would play the Rangers on the road to the WS. Tiger fans are breathing a collective sigh of relief when looking at Boston's fade. Wouldn't want to play them.

Detroit has, arguably, the best hitter in baseball (Miguel Cabrera) and the best pitcher (Justin Verlander). But the defense sucks and the guys at the bottom of the line-up are horribly inconsistent.....which explains the high number of intential walks to Miggy and Prince Fielder.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Apr 2006
    But you have Zen master Bobby V...you don't believe he can turn it around?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Not a fan of the Pirates... but I hope they don't end up losing their last 20 games. It makes me feel bad. And I hate the Cardinals more then the Pirates.

ps. Go Reds (the original red stockinged team)
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    But you have Zen master Bobby V...you don't believe he can turn it around?
    Bobby V is useless. Most overrated manager in the history of MLB.

Terry Francona was a great manager. How the Red Sox ownership treated him was despicable.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Bobby V is useless. Most overrated manager in the history of MLB.

Terry Francona was a great manager. How the Red Sox ownership treated him was despicable.
    Nobody has missed Bobby V in Texas recently. His sports bar by the stadium is still his best contribution to the area. Having said that, while he may not be a great manager like Francona, Red Sox ownership hasn't done him any favors either. He's basically a sacrificial goat brought in by ownership to deflect blame on themselves. It will take a shakeup of the whole organization from players to owners to make this one right.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2007
    can someone explain to me the point of having a trade deadline? WTF? 241 million payroll and I hope the dodgers do not make the playoffs this year and I am not saying this because i despise the dodgers
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    can someone explain to me the point of having a trade deadline? WTF? 241 million payroll and I hope the dodgers do not make the playoffs this year and I am not saying this because i despise the dodgers
    Fear not my left coast friend. These guys were part of the Beantown group that imploded last year, no? The Dodgers are flush with new cash and foolishly spending that money like drunken sailors.

Go Giants!!!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I love this trade for the Red Sox. Gonzo will be tough to replace but Crawford and Beckett needed to go. I can't believe LA agreed to eat their ridiculous salaries, they must've been drinking.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I love this trade for the Red Sox. Gonzo will be tough to replace but Crawford and Beckett needed to go. I can't believe LA agreed to eat their ridiculous salaries, they must've been drinking.
    This is a good thing long term for the BoSox. It is probably? a good thing short term for the Dodgers. I think it will be interesting if the Dodgers become the Yankees of the west... spend lots of money to win.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The over-payed Barry Zito is really pissing me off. Giants spot him four runs in the first inning and he blew it. I never like him. Assclown.
    Three innings left.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Bobby Cox struggled to win in June...it seems Fredi struggles with wins in September.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The Giants are 19-9 since Melky Cabera was suspended. They're up 8 games in the loss column over the Dodgers with 17 games to play. The situation looks good. And Zito got a win yesterday. He might make the post season roster this year.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Had the following conversation with a scalper outside of Fenway last Thursday morning while waiting to get in for a tour:

Scalper: You going to the game or just doing the tou-ah?
    Me: Just the tour.
    Scalper: The game would've been cheap-ah.

He then went on a minor rant about how much the Red Sox suck right now and how it's killing his bidness...pretty damn funny.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    15 games left to go in the regular season and here's how we stand:

ALEast - Yankmees up by a 1/2 game over the Orioles
    ALCentral - White Sox up by 3 games over the Tigers
    ALWest - Texas 3 games up over the A's
    ALWildCards - Baltimore and Oakland are in, but the Angels are 4 back, Tampa Bat 6 back and Tiger 7 back in the hunt (of the A's)

NLEast - Nationals are 5 games up on the Braves
    NLCentral - Cincy 11 games over the Cardinals
    NLWest - SF 8 games up on LA
    NLWildCards - Braves & Cardinals in now, with Dodgers 1 games back and the Brewers 3 back (of the Cards)

Predictions:
    ALEast - Baltimore Orioles
    ALCentral - Chicago White Sox
    ALWest - Texas Rangers
    ALWildCards - Yankmees & Oakland

NLEast - Washington Nationals
    NLCentral - Cinncinnati Reds
    NLWest - San Fransisco Giants
    NLWildCards - Braves & Dodgers
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Giants magic number is 2. They're 10 games up on the Dodgers.

Hey Dodgers, how's that trade with the Bosox working out for you? Bwaahaahaaahaaahaaa.....

+ Reply to thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 22 Nov 2010, 11:25 AM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 11:02 AM
  3. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 251
    Last post: 28 Oct 2008, 11:30 AM