Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tebowing like a planner

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    While I am in support of praying in public.....
    Off-topic:
    I cannot for the life of me understand WHY anyone who professes to be a Christian can support praying in public. Matthew 5-7 pretty much lays out Jebus'/The Almighty's views on praying in public.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Off-topic:
    I cannot for the life of me understand WHY anyone who professes to be a Christian can support praying in public. Matthew 5-7 pretty much lays out Jebus'/The Almighty's views on praying in public.
    There is a difference in that one should not be hipocrite and pray in public for those to see. But Ephesians 6:18 calls for us to always be in prayer and Ephesians 5:20 that we should always be giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. If prayer in public is done with appropriate reasons than not only is it permitted, it is encouraged by the bible.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

There is a difference in that one should not be hipocrite and pray in public for those to see. But Ephesians 6:18 calls for us to always be in prayer and Ephesians 5:20 that we should always be giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. If prayer in public is done with appropriate reasons than not only is it permitted, it is encouraged by the bible.
    Personally I pray before every meal, be it at home or in public. My public prayers tend to be quick and discreet. I still get odd looks at times
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Personally I pray before every meal, be it at home or in public. My public prayers tend to be quick and discreet. I still get odd looks at times
    Good for you to have the confidence to do that. It took me years before I was able to be comfortable doing that. As like you, it is not some big production, but just a quite thank you.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    May 2005
    Good for you to have the confidence to do that. It took me years before I was able to be comfortable doing that. As like you, it is not some big production, but just a quite thank you.
    I always tell my kids they should be thanking me for their meals. I get no respect!
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I thought about Peebowing on a site visit the other day but decided against it and visited the nearest convenience store on the way back to the office. Yes I was wearing the planner uniform.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Planner vs senior planner
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 06 Aug 2007, 8:35 PM
  2. Not a planner
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Aug 2006, 9:19 AM
  3. UK planner