Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Interview suggestion: transportation planner

Registered
    Jul 2011

Interview suggestion: transportation planner

Hello everyone,

I am preparing for Caltrans on-site interview for transportation planning field. In there interview process,I have heard that as part of their interview process, they might ask applicants for written exam. Will it be possible, if anyone can give me an idea, what to expects in their written exam?
    Thanks in advance.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by racharya0102 View post
    Hello everyone,

I am preparing for Caltrans on-site interview for transportation planning field. In there interview process,I have heard that as part of their interview process, they might ask applicants for written exam. Will it be possible, if anyone can give me an idea, what to expects in their written exam?
    Thanks in advance.
    The written exam may consists of a serious of question. I am assuming you took the civil service exam for the position in the first place right? It should be a similar exercise. Be forewarned though, with the impending yearly budget mess, you are last on the totemum pole in terms of layoffs, so you would be the 1st to go if..no when, layoffs will happen next year. Some districts have more work than others. So ask what type of future work is ahead at the district you will be interviewing at and watch the "grammar" on the written test. If your post is an indicator of your writing skills, you might be in trouble. Good luck.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 15 Jun 2011, 3:34 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 17 Jan 2010, 10:29 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 04 Oct 2009, 2:18 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 21 Mar 2009, 3:52 PM
  5. Replies: 2