Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Article about sign company requiring their employees to poison trees around their billboards

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

Article about sign company requiring their employees to poison trees around their billboards

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-easier-to-see

Have you seen the results of such practices ? In my fair community I have seen "pruning" leaving tall stumps.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Someone sent me that article. Hard to work up much sympathy for the whistleblower/reformed tree poisoner.

For the most part I don't mind billboards. But this kind of skullduggery is beyond the pale.

Don't know if I have ever seen anything like that here. Our dry climate makes trees more scarce than back East. So it is easier to erect a billboard along, say the interstate, that won't get blocked by foliage. About the same in town, the billboards are along the major collectors where there aren't a lot of trees.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Aug 2001
    With our governor giving huge payouts to the corporations that back him, Wisconsin's billboard lobby has once again raised a bill that would basically give them carte blanche to cut down any tree on public property that blocks a view of their billboards. It dies when proposed a few years ago, but we can't be so sure it will suffer a similar fate this time around.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 10 Jul 2013, 12:29 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 02 Feb 2013, 1:21 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last post: 10 Jan 2013, 12:25 AM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last post: 06 May 2008, 7:00 PM
  5. Replies: 3