Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Paperless board packets

Registered
    Jan 2005

Paperless board packets

What software / apps do you all use for your paperless board packets?

I am looking for cost effective solutions that allow us to put packets together and push them to iPads.

Right now I am finding solutions that are for Bank Boards and HUGE corporations. I am looking to get 15 licenses... so I can't pay an Enterprise fee of $1billion (said like Dr. Evil).

The list of options I have found so far:

- Boardpaq
    - Boardpad
    - eBoard Meeting
    - BoardVantage

The other option would be to use Dropbox, Cubby, Sharepoint, etc. to just upload materials. This isn't exactly ideal, but it might work as well.

Any thoughts?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2009
    I just use a pdf merge and put it on my website. Then I email the link to all my commissioners and anyone interested. It seems to work for them. Some print it and have a copy at the meeting others have their own ipad to look at it.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    I just use a pdf merge and put it on my website. Then I email the link to all my commissioners and anyone interested. It seems to work for them. Some print it and have a copy at the meeting others have their own ipad to look at it.
    My board wants it to be laid out like our Agenda - i.e. Bills, Public Hearing, Work Session, etc. I have been using a cloud storage solution for a while, but they want it to be more "dummy" proof. I originally wanted to use our website, but was nixed because it wouldn't be easily split up.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2011
    Ours are put on the county website via "Google Sites" I think. I make my portion of the packet up and scan it to a .pdf using our copier. The Clerk does the same with all the documents. It's somewhat of an annoyance to me, as my packets require color and the scanned copies definitely lose some quality. Administration typically puts all the documentation into a binder with tabs for all 5 Commissioners. It seem's like a ton of work, but it's what they want.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    We use Dropbox to digitally push out the entire council packet, including closed session agenda items and staff reports. We use notability to give council the ability to write and highlight on ipads. We have some members that prefer the paper packet through.. which blows.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    This is what we use as well. It is cheap and effective.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Has anyone used Agendease? It says that Hutto, Texas is a client. Anyone had any experience with it?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 12 Jan 2012, 12:27 PM
  2. APA Job Board
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 01 Oct 2010, 3:47 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last post: 20 Dec 2006, 11:05 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last post: 28 Jan 2005, 8:38 AM